Tarnished Bronze Astrolabe bugged?

I am not sure if it's a bug or not. I am doing the Cod Swimming Amongst Mere Minnows achievement, and the only one that hasn't dropped yet to get the achievement is the Tarnished Bronze Astrolabe from the Aquatic Treasure Collector achievement.

On forums I see for others it's the Avid World Class Fisher or Avid Saltwater Fisher achiev that is the last one for them. Could this be a bug?

• 3 months later...

I too am having severe issues with the Astrolabe. I have spent many hours on this one thing alone in various maps that have lake fish with various baits, trying different characters and playing with fishing power. 725-775 seems to give me the most treasure drops and I have gotten many of every one of them except the Astrolabe. I even dumped a bunch of PvP and WvW potions into the reward tracks and stacked up multiples of every "treasure" except the Astrolabe. It has to have a precursor level drop rate or is missing from the drop table. RNGesus can't be this bad.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Tried River Fish?  Tried using Gathering Boosters? 

When I was in Gendarran I would actually cycle through a loop of river and lake. I have probably spent about 10 hours in Gendarran alone over the past week and a half.

I just started using gathering boosters yesterday, but my problem isn't getting the aquatic treasure drops, I just for the life of me can not get an astrolabe.

I put less time into it this week since it is starting to get pretty depressing. Another 12 hours with gathering boosters and still no Astrolabe. I even have asked several of my guild members that are fishing to keep an eye out for it. So far no one has mentioned finding one.

• 1 month later...

I've been after the Astrolabe for what seems forever.  It's also my last item to get. If the drops are indeed truly random, the implication is that I might never get it.  I haven't tried coastal waters yet because they weren't listed on the wiki; won't hurt to try.  If others can remember where they got this item, please let us know.  I've most recently been in Istan (celestial events, ergo celestial junk?), without success.

On 11/17/2022 at 8:49 PM, Ronin.4501 said:

It's completely random when it comes to items such as this, but I pulled in 4 Astrolabes today in an hour on Sandswept Isles. In fact I seem to get those more than any of the other "vendor trash" items on that map.

Thank you for a notifying of a recent drop. God knows this thing seems to be rarer than a precursor for me.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GRUE.9754 said:

Thank you for a notifying of a recent drop. God knows this thing seems to be rarer than a precursor for me.

Always glad to help when it comes to fishing!! Got another 3 today lol (again in Sandswept Isles). Meanwhile I haven't seen the Antique Porcelain Vase in a few months.

13 minutes ago, Ronin.4501 said:

Always glad to help when it comes to fishing!! Got another 3 today lol (again in Sandswept Isles). Meanwhile I haven't seen the Antique Porcelain Vase in a few months.

I love you so much. After almost two months of trying it dropped on the 5th cast in Sandswept

Edited by GRUE.9754
words
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 3/23/2023 at 2:34 PM, Mathiadon.6723 said:

did you catch the astrolabe in nodes or open water?

I've always caught them in the fishing nodes; in fact caught two more today in Sandswept Isles. The ONLY time I ever fish outside the fishing nodes is when I'm going after the basic (ie. white border) fish.

When it comes to the "high-end" vendor trash (items found in the Aquatic Treasure Collector achievement), the 3 maps I would recommend are Crystal Oasis (Bay of Elon), Sandswept Isles (Straight of Panube, north half of Chukara Sea & Atholma), and Rata Sum (Rata Sum Port Authority area). I always tend to catch at least a few of the items in the ATC collection while on those maps.

Edited by Ronin.4501