Renegade Condi Build

Strider.7849

I just recently started playing the snowcrows Renegade Condi Build for PvE strikes/raids and I'm finding it a lot of fun to play. Currently there are two variants with one being invocation and the other Devastation. The choice for devastation seems fairly straight forward: better survivability and assassins presence for your sub group.

I'm wondering what are your thoughts on the invocation line variant? Further, in what situations would I want to take that over devastation?

Lastly, I could be wrong but it feels like the build isn't optimized: corruption going up/down/up, instead of up/up/up. Runes of nightmare, some durations not reaching 100%. Do you people who play this version have another suggestion?

Why would you take Abyssal Chill and then one stence later mention that the build might not be optimised since its not capped on everything?

The build is optimized for dps.

Idk, I find Invo extremely hard to justify on most bosses, since the vast majority has small'ish hitboxes. It is in theory more damage, but the lack of AP, missing self sustain and the dependency to swap below 10% energy makes it inferior to devastation most of the time. Honestly, unless you really want to tryhard renegade I'd say stick with devastation.

Edit: Invocation has the advantage of providing more CC more easily due to it having more energy.

Edited by Icetea.3204
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Strider.7849 said:

I just recently started playing the snowcrows Renegade Condi Build for PvE strikes/raids and I'm finding it a lot of fun to play. Currently there are two variants with one being invocation and the other Devastation. The choice for devastation seems fairly straight forward: better survivability and assassins presence for your sub group.

I'm wondering what are your thoughts on the invocation line variant? Further, in what situations would I want to take that over devastation?

Lastly, I could be wrong but it feels like the build isn't optimized: corruption going up/down/up, instead of up/up/up. Runes of nightmare, some durations not reaching 100%. Do you people who play this version have another suggestion?

Invo is better damage overall (even on small hitbox), but has longer ramp up time, less sustain, and doesn’t bring AP.  If you need/want AP, additional sustain, or don’t have enough ramp up time then Devastation will be better. On any longer duration or big hitbox boss though Invo is going to be better. 

• Thanks 1