How do these traits work with Virtuoso?

Nyel.1843

Hey there,

I am curious how several traits work with Virtuoso as they are not summoning Clones at all. Do these traits lose their effect for Clones and only apply to Phantasms or is there something else for Virtuoso?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Duelist's_Discipline Pistol attacks from you and your illusions have a chance to cause bleeding

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sharper_Images Illusions inflict bleeding on critical hits

Some traits have this description for Virtuoso, but does this apply here as well? Virtuoso: Triggers when stocking a blade.

2 hours ago, Eekasqueak.7850 said:

The sharper images trait is actually pretty good on virtuoso. 

Well, it make fantasms apply some bleed whereas on other e-specs it make fantasms and clones apply some bleed. All in all, the devs smacked a trait on virtuoso that does part of the sharper images' job (which is probably the main reason you feel like it work "well" despite the fact that this trait is just doing a fraction of what it is doing for other mesmer specs).

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

Well, it make fantasms apply some bleed whereas on other e-specs it make fantasms and clones apply some bleed. All in all, the devs smacked a trait on virtuoso that does part of the sharper images' job (which is probably the main reason you feel like it work "well" despite the fact that this trait is just doing a fraction of what it is doing for other mesmer specs).

It's still more bleed procs and the meta PvE condi DPS build uses the trait. I wouldn't call that bad is all. 

• Confused 3

45 minutes ago, Eekasqueak.7850 said:

It's still more bleed procs and the meta PvE condi DPS build uses the trait. I wouldn't call that bad is all. 

I think it's not about the trait being bad, but it working poorly for Virtuoso which is true - it's working poorly, because it's only applying its effect on 50% of skills rather than 100% other specs get from it. 

So while the trait itself might be great for Virtuoso, it's overall working worse than for other builds. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

42 minutes ago, Nyel.1843 said:

I think it's not about the trait being bad, but it working poorly for Virtuoso which is true - it's working poorly, because it's only applying its effect on 50% of skills rather than 100% other specs get from it. 

So while the trait itself might be great for Virtuoso, it's overall working worse than for other builds. 

You got it.

• Like 1