Evasive Mirror (sound effect) - pve

Curunen.8729

I'll start by saying the contrast between this trait in pve and wvw (by extension pvp) is ridiculous.

On one hand after the first activation in a fight it is effectively passive unreliable "luck", on the other hand it is truly perma reflect to the point where the constant activation sound effect pisses me off beyond belief.

I don't know what's worse.

One can't ignore the usefulness of the trait in pve but my god is it grating to hear going off all the time on every evade. People complain a lot about visual noise with flashing lights etc, and while on the whole this game's audio is great, similar issues with sound bother me just as much if not more.

I mean, the trait is utterly stupid since the old nerf so should be replaced with something new anyway, but even making the reflect sound effect a bit less harsh, a bit softer and smoother would help a lot.

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, Curunen.8729 said:

I'll start by saying the contrast between this trait in pve and wvw (by extension pvp) is ridiculous.

But Mirage OP! 🥺

I agree with you. It's uses in PvE are niche and in PvP/WvW it can't be intentionally used properly.

Maybe a middle way of the road would be unsplitting the CD and making it on Dodge. It would make it less versatile but avoid issues related to those pesky Mirage Mirrors.

The sound I can't even remember... Never used it again after the nerf 😔

Edited by Xaylin.1860

58 minutes ago, agrippastrilemma.8741 said:

They should make it reflect during dodge instead of after (no icd). Like the warrior block reflect trait

Offensively, e.g. reflecting burst or CC, this makes sense. Defensively, having the reflect after the dodge is way nicer.