Ideas for Vindicator "Supp" rebalance in WvW

Velka.9372

First of all sorry for my bad english. Second of all this changes are mainly for WvW only.

WvW Revenant (mainly vindicator) ideas for zerg.
This are mainly changes for WvW only, and maybe some of them for all modes
This post is to add a build for the vindicator that can compete with the firebrand or the engineer for that supp spot in zerg

To compete we mainly need a consistent way to give stabs to the group, stunbreaks, heals, a bit of condition removal and extra boons/supp

Here are some of the changes I would proupose, all of them will be a bit broken but at least to have a general opinion on what could be do:

Traits:

Vindicator traits:
Redemptor's Sermon - reduce cooldown from 90s to 30s
Balance in discord - increase health 30% and make it affect 5 allies in range
Reaver's Curse - endurance will be gained when striking allied with the dodge and the endurance gain will affect allied too
Angsiyan's Trust - Give extra 15 endurance to allies (10 for you, 25 for allies)
Saint's Shield - break stun of allies affecteds  & give 1 stab

Salvation traits:
Healer gift: remove 1 condition from allies or give aegis with 10s cd
Resilient Spirit 25% of that barier is gave to 5 allies in range
Fortified Blessing: add a minor heal to allies (like 50 or 100) + the protection
Invigorating Dismissal: like fortified blessing, add a minor heal to the effect

Retribution traits:
Spiritual Reckoning - add 1s of resistence and affect allies 
Eye for an eye - give the might and protection to allies when u break a stun | or rework: give aegis and 1 stab when use a stun break on ally

Skills:

Legendary Dwarf Stance:
Soothing Stone: give the resolution to nearvy allies
Forced Engagement: this is just something i would love to see but would be a total rework. Chain to nearby allies taking a % of the damage they take instead of them
Vengeful Hammers: heal nearby allies  per tick
Rite of the great dwarf: reduce cast time to 1s

Legendary Alliance Stance (mainly Viktor[blue])
New pasive when in the blue stance - You deal 15% less damage
Selfless Spirit: if an allied is affected by the 5 ticks give him regeneration
Awakening: energy cost from 35 to 30 (this would combo with the stunbreak mentioned before)
Legendary Alliance: Change regen for aegis or 2 stabs or aegis
Drop urn of saint Viktor: it is now a stunbreak too, increase cd on 10s so u cannot break stun each 2seconds

Weapons:

Staff:
"1 - Rapid Swipe": heal nearby allies
"3 - Warding Rift": If it blocks an attack give neavy allies 1 stab

Thanks for reading the post. And feel free to give more ideas for the skills. Let see if we can give the supp spots more variety!

Edited by Velka.9372
Formated some of the text to make it easier to read
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Honestly I think your suggestions take it too far. Some of them are obscenely overpowered, in particular the one for Saint's Shield. While I think that there could be a couple small adjustments adjustments to Vindi, I really don't think it should receive any significant buffs with the current amounts of healing it can output. St Viktor stance is already extremely powerful and I really don't think it should receive any group stab access. Access to a group stunbreak already has a lot of value, and we have Jalis still for stab. I think it can be problematic when trying to artificially push a support spec into the WvW meta because chances are you are going to overpowercreep it in the process. Vindi has strengths that both FB and Scrapper do not have and it's important to consider that. I'd rather they try to polish up some of Herald's support options like shield, because I think Vindi is totally serviceable where it is at right now, even if not a meta pick.

• Like 2

On 7/12/2022 at 10:07 PM, Za Shaloc.3908 said:

Honestly I think your suggestions take it too far. Some of them are obscenely overpowered, in particular the one for Saint's Shield. While I think that there could be a couple small adjustments adjustments to Vindi, I really don't think it should receive any significant buffs with the current amounts of healing it can output. St Viktor stance is already extremely powerful and I really don't think it should receive any group stab access. Access to a group stunbreak already has a lot of value, and we have Jalis still for stab. I think it can be problematic when trying to artificially push a support spec into the WvW meta because chances are you are going to overpowercreep it in the process. Vindi has strengths that both FB and Scrapper do not have and it's important to consider that. I'd rather they try to polish up some of Herald's support options like shield, because I think Vindi is totally serviceable where it is at right now, even if not a meta pick.

I agree but you on certain points already to not have more unnecessary nerf. But it also has a lot of flaws that these 2 classes don't have. FB and Scrapper

Edited by Angesombre.4630