Very Low FPS In Trading Post [Merged]

What I don't understand is why they felt the need to make all the fonts etc. high-res in the TP...all of a sudden it's laggy and barely usable. 

The whole thing needs rewriting from scratch tbh (would get rid of all the infuriating "features" and "limitations" that are a product of bad design)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Posted this on another thread, and trying to share it here in case it helps:

Hey so...I think I discovered a workaround. I shared it in Lion's Arch and a few others seemed to report it helped them. When you're using the TP and have the shop open, Press "M" to open your map. As long as you keep the map open it should run better.

For some reason this entirely fixes the issue for me as long as the map is open, and it seems to work for others.

I hope it can help you too! It's clunky...but better than fighting the TP.

I'm unsure WHY this helps...and it leads me to believe it is an overall UI issue since much of the UI vanishes when opening the map.

19 hours ago, Cthulithid.7624 said:

Hey so...I think I discovered a workaround. I shared it in Lion's Arch and a few others seemed to report it helped them. When you're using the TP and have the shop open, Press "M" to open your map. As long as you keep the map open it should run better.

For some reason this entirely fixes the issue for me as long as the map is open, and it seems to work for others.

I'm unsure WHY this helps...and it leads me to believe it is an overall UI issue since much of the UI vanishes when opening the map.

Worked for me. Thanks. Also selecting DX9 Rendering in Graphics Options did the same.

Edited by Rocket.3058
Forgot something

Still a very annoying problem after 1 month!
Anet should take this issue serious, they cant let new players have this kind of poor experience on a very basic thing in game.
btw, I noticed that when I enabled dpi scaling, the problem went away until I logged off, but when I came back, the problem was worse than before.
Please, I cant use the trading post, im almost quiting the game already.

My specs:
Windows 11
gtx1660super
ryzen 3600
3340x1440 monitor
windowed fullscreen
frame limiter: unlimited

Edited by Natanoid.9648
adding info about the bug

On 8/15/2022 at 6:43 PM, Cthulithid.7624 said:

this was a fix for me this really helps for one reason or another i had slowdown since i installed the ame agfain its wierd but hey if it works 🙂

• 5 months later...