Alternative Bladesworn playstyle

Artificer.3468

It could be argued that the grandmaster traits dont have much impact in actually changing your playstyle on bladesworn

You still want to build up charges and keep up FaF  while Dragon slashing as often as possible but I have an idea:

Give it a trait that operates like the Monster Hunter chargeblade phials where you use  charges to get a stronger gunsaber but at the cost of a weaker (or no) dragonslash 

7 minutes ago, Artificer.3468 said:

It could be argued that the grandmaster traits dont have much impact in actually changing your playstyle on bladesworn

You still want to build up charges and keep up FaF  while Dragon slashing as often as possible but I have an idea:

Give it a trait that operates like the Monster Hunter chargeblade phials where you use  charges to get a stronger gunsaber but at the cost of a weaker (or no) dragonslash 

Well.. I guess no one would miss daring dragon.

• Like 1

allow movement while charging dragon slash? 🙃

this will actually solve all problems stemming from being static, squishy and static just don't mix, this will be a quick fix applicable for all game modes pve and competitive.  🤔

or they could introduce a super armor like for zangief or potemkin. 💪

they could rework def so we deal damage based on armor, or vit, or both, wishful thinking but a warrior can dream. 🙃

• Confused 2

42 minutes ago, Artificer.3468 said:

My focus is more so on providing an alternative to building around dragonslash.

It can be annoying but I think dragonslash by itself is pretty close to fine the way it is

try using bladesworn in cms. 🙂 

bladesworn is fine in easy content, its the content with lots of movement and mechanics that kill it. its just not viable against something that isn't a punching bag. 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, eXruina.4956 said:

try using bladesworn in cms. 🙂 

bladesworn is fine in easy content, its the content with lots of movement and mechanics that kill it. its just not viable against something that isn't a punching bag. 

My idea you wouldn't have to worry about going all in on dragonslash.

hence the ALTERNATIVE playstyle in the title.

you would be able to use a strong and impactful gunsaber on the fights where dragonslash isnt as viable or just more frustrating.

1 minute ago, Artificer.3468 said:

My idea you wouldn't have to worry about going all in on dragonslash.

hence the ALTERNATIVE playstyle in the title.

you would be able to use a strong and impactful gunsaber on the fights where dragonslash isnt as viable or just more frustrating.

I see, that's sensible actually and easy to implement.🤔 bladesowrn does indeed do peanuts dps outside of landing dragon slash. reducing reliance on dragon slash for dps is generally healthy.

that said haven't they done this recently though to an extent?

Blooming Fire: Ammo recharge has been reduced from 25 seconds to 10 seconds in PvE.  

Artillery Slash: Ammo recharge has been reduced from 35 seconds to 15 seconds in PvE.

Cyclone Trigger: Ammo recharge has been reduced from 40 seconds to 20 seconds in PvE.

Break Step :Ammo recharge has been reduced from 40 seconds to 20 seconds in PvE.

they cd reductions didn't really do anything for bladesworn though.

so what they did next was introduce dragon slash buffs through tactical reload, dragonspike mine and overcharged cartridges.

i think its just way too polarized, at its base, warrior is way too undertuned, and they intorduced bladesworn and an overtuned dragon slash as the fix to compensate and create a reliance on bladesworn for viability.

• Confused 1

ah i'm not saying idea is bad, its actually sensible, just buff non dragon slash damage.

trait that "seals" dragon slash and buffs gunsaber is cool. 

i just think being able to move while charging will be a good change, it will address bladesworn problems against more difficult content and actually make it more fun to play. 😁

Edited by eXruina.4956
  • Confused 1

The various traits seem like they were designed to provide different playstyles but ultimately didn't hit the mark.

• Minor:
    • Flow on Weapon Swap Attack - Intent: Promote current Warrior design of swapping in combat. Hampered due to forced use of Gunsaber (F1 instead of normal weapon swap) but that's fixable via Keybinding. Less effective due to loss of a true utility weapon set as Gunsaber is mandatory (not enough utility) and Pistol is nearly mandatory (due to trait setup; Axe is the only mainhand worth using on Power Warrior).
    • Flow on Heal - Intent: Promote... healing yourself.... Questionable since.... Warriors struggle with self-sustain so this one is essentially an easy gimme since nearly everyone will use Might Makes Right or some other source of sustain.
    • Flow on Swiftness - Intent: Promote movement and tactical repositioning. Provides Swiftness on movement skill, basically the only trait that provides a playstyle that Warriors don't normally focus on outside of Greatsword. Probably would be better by making it provide Superspeed, as Swiftness in combat really doesn't have much of an impact, especially for a melee-focused profession.
  • Major:
    • Recharge Skills upon ammo usage - Intent: Promote usage of ammo skills. Promoted a spamming playstyle. Not terrible in itself, but poorly implemented. Invalidated Daring Dragon due to ease of recharge of Dragon Trigger/Slash. After rework, nigh useless compared to other selections.
    • Barrier upon ammo usage - Intent: Promote sustainability via ammo skills. Poorly implemented, as amount of Barrier gained (and limited to "on final ammo") provides too little to be of any worth to Warriors. Would have allowed Warriors to branch out to other playstyles if Barrier would cover some of the sustainability issues.
    • Strike Damage for each round of ammo - Intent: Promote ammo setup prior to slash. Near mandatory for Bladesworn's DPS. Promotes nothing except spammable ammo skills regardless of damage or impact of said skills.
  • Grandmaster:
    • Immortal - Intent: Sustainability via slash. Kind of a gimme since Warrior's sustainability is already tied to its bursts. It's just not worth it compared to Unyielding.
    • Unyielding - Intent: Single powerful "all or nothing" slash. Makes slash deadlier. Due to sustainability via Might (Strength, Tactics) this makes Immortal pointless as it does what Immortal does but better, and already synergizes with the primary trees that all Warriors take regardless
    • Daring - Intent: Faster Slashes more frequently. Pointless. Damage at 5 charges is too low and builds already exist to generate flow. Loss of Protection/Healing/Damage is not sufficiently covered by a single stack of Stability.

On 7/26/2022 at 3:23 PM, Geoff Fey.1035 said:

Daring - Intent: Faster Slashes more frequently. Pointless. Damage at 5 charges is too low and builds already exist to generate flow. Loss of Protection/Healing/Damage is not sufficiently covered by a single stack of Stability.

Agreed, but I have found a use for daring dragon: helping friends in earlier story instances in core and LWS2. Full power Dragon Slashes seems to be able to occasionally cause some instances to bug if a boss was supposed to have an invulnerability phase for dialogue.

• Haha 1