Bad manner PUG in Dragon's End for being Exclusive DPScheck

Long stroy short I solo commanded and got nitpicked by PUGs from the start to finish . It happens  because people afraid of wasting time on no kill map.  Organized Pug run are bound to be people with thier own voice. Trouble come when people don't follow specific massage  and get left behind

My Observation a stacked group of 30 people and the rest of the map is minimum requirement  to down Soo-won.   Sole reason for people don't want to TAG up and lead is not because of DPScheck but fear of losing  time on the 1.5 hour META. And getting Angry mob pile on.

The map success are preparations. Boons are good  for DPS check .Offense/Defense Protocals are play a major role for being easy to access to boons but neglected by some players .

If A-net don't want to nerf Soo-won further to be another Dragon storm . They should get those buff easier to access. Perhaps before getting to Harvest temple . There should be a solo  event that  easy once you have protocols  up and repeatable.

• Like 5
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

I have the same feeling. Tried to command a DE map after nobody stepped up. I did the same thing every other commander does. Subgroups, splitting, targetting etc.. . People simply didnt listen and did what they thought was best. After fail (with 4% health), people wished me dead because suddenly I was the reason they failed. 

Never commanded DE again. 

I have a feeling a lot of anger will be gone with rewards in between events. 

Edited by Cronospere.8143
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 4

1 hour ago, LONGA.1652 said:

The map success are preparations. Boons are good  for DPS check .Offense/Defense Protocals are play a major role for being easy to access to boons but neglected by some players .

The Offensive/Defensive Protocals don't play as massive a role as  you think since for the majority of the fight against Soo Won your only benefiting from the bonus stats not the Boons provided by the buff. ( Your in combat for a majority of the fight) The best way to boost damage on the fight is providing proper Boons Support especially Quickness.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cronospere.8143 said:

I have the same feeling. Tried to command a DE map after nobody stepped up. I did the same thing every other commander does. Subgroups, splitting, targetting etc.. . People simply didnt listen and did what they thought was best. After fail (with 4% health), people wished me dead because suddenly I was the reason they failed. 

I have a feeling a lot of anger will be gone with rewards in between events. 

Good on you for trying to lead man. I already got my egg, but it's a minor pet peeve when people say dps doesn't matter. Followed by "OMG. EVERY CLASS SHOULD DO AT LEAST 20K AUTOING. PEOPLE UNDER THAT HAVE NO EXCUSE"

20k dps for auto attacking is a generally not a thing created equal or with practical survivability in mind. Downloading a dps meter in was pulling off a rotation with 15-20 abilities, only to my analytical mind's dismay that gw2 is a game where some abilities can lower your dps from auto attacking. Alright fine. But every time I use the golem's rotation on a open world mob, im aware that the boards fill with 3-5 mechanists I'm every squad often doing 20-40k while 25 other players will be doing a literal 1-5k dps. 

Yet, the kicker is. Sometimes execution speed doesn't even matter, it feels so much about the class. Mechanist afks or presses 1-4 buttons I hear from the people saying they afked top dps to 30k while another did 4 weapon swaps and stance swaps and found it felt like twice the effort to go half as far.

There are some really fun specs out there and I do enjoy the game overall. But I find the attitude perplexing. New players will want to play all these diverse classes and enjoy the uniqueness of gw2. But they have this weird mix of "play whatever you want! Then get spawncamped if your build by mechanical limitation sucks or was powercreeped". The novelty of that really fun and flavorful spec wears away when raiding guilds don't even care about benchmarks and just ask mechanist. Sure not everything can be viable.

But it's kinda a huge disparity that anyone talking about dps should try a meter and find out that some other classes need literal 15-20 button rotations with second wide swaps and generally less available prefix gear to get the results another class can spend 1 click on. 

People want to help their groups, how can people not see the irony when 90% of average Joe squads have everyone thinking they're the hottest stuff on earth and a afk mechanist pressing one button to 20-30k does the literal dps of 10x 2-3k dps who think they're doing 20-30k, going gear doesn't matter and thinking everyone else is a problem too?

Sure, some people do it to flame, I actually just want to improve my own experience and want to help and carry my weight. Faster dps means faster catching up. More efficiency means I can catch up to masteries faster. and I need group content to get my runes for +20% dot duration and dps. 

Mmorpgs are a group experience. Designing a class to auto to 20-39k dps while 90% of players flail buttons to 2-5k dps while making dps checks is messy desjgn. as far as auto chains go, 7-20k dps from auto chains isn't global. Some tested alt auto chains are only 2-4k dps or even lower. The content is designed so some presses and rotation literally are traps that lower dps from a game design perspective or have been so power creeped by ability buffs that like 90% of dmg might come from one button and 4 dead ones below autoing dps. It's really strange design.

Good game overall imo, but very still strange game design for a mmorpg.  And players get mad when content fails. But what kind of healthy game design is 90% of the group's dps for 10% the effort? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Cronospere.8143 said:

Being a commander put you up in a spot light and sometime a Pyre. Those meta map just have more people who can't manage their expectation. Don't let  those random void filled  awaken ruin your day.  I had 10 day kill before I encountered those

I'm gonna be done with DE once I got all the Legendary mats and take a break untill. Those map clear off those guy and get away from unnecessary Random people on map avoiding scheme.

Which maybe a couple year like Dragon stand where people can do it with 1 tag now.

3 hours ago, Sunchaser.9854 said:

Good on you for trying to lead man. I already got my egg, but it's a minor pet peeve when people say dps doesn't matter. Followed by "OMG. EVERY CLASS SHOULD DO AT LEAST 20K AUTOING. PEOPLE UNDER THAT HAVE NO EXCUSE"

20k dps for auto attacking is a generally not a thing created equal or with practical survivability in mind. Downloading a dps meter in was pulling off a rotation with 15-20 abilities, only to my analytical mind's dismay that gw2 is a game where some abilities can lower your dps from auto attacking. Alright fine. But every time I use the golem's rotation on a open world mob, im aware that the boards fill with 3-5 mechanists I'm every squad often doing 20-40k while 25 other players will be doing a literal 1-5k dps. 

Yet, the kicker is. Sometimes execution speed doesn't even matter, it feels so much about the class. Mechanist afks or presses 1-4 buttons I hear from the people saying they afked top dps to 30k while another did 4 weapon swaps and stance swaps and found it felt like twice the effort to go half as far.

There are some really fun specs out there and I do enjoy the game overall. But I find the attitude perplexing. New players will want to play all these diverse classes and enjoy the uniqueness of gw2. But they have this weird mix of "play whatever you want! Then get spawncamped if your build by mechanical limitation sucks or was powercreeped". The novelty of that really fun and flavorful spec wears away when raiding guilds don't even care about benchmarks and just ask mechanist. Sure not everything can be viable.

But it's kinda a huge disparity that anyone talking about dps should try a meter and find out that some other classes need literal 15-20 button rotations with second wide swaps and generally less available prefix gear to get the results another class can spend 1 click on. 

People want to help their groups, how can people not see the irony when 90% of average Joe squads have everyone thinking they're the hottest stuff on earth and a afk mechanist pressing one button to 20-30k does the literal dps of 10x 2-3k dps who think they're doing 20-30k, going gear doesn't matter and thinking everyone else is a problem too?

Sure, some people do it to flame, I actually just want to improve my own experience and want to help and carry my weight. Faster dps means faster catching up. More efficiency means I can catch up to masteries faster. and I need group content to get my runes for +20% dot duration and dps. 

Mmorpgs are a group experience. Designing a class to auto to 20-39k dps while 90% of players flail buttons to 2-5k dps while making dps checks is messy desjgn. as far as auto chains go, 7-20k dps from auto chains isn't global. Some tested alt auto chains are only 2-4k dps or even lower. The content is designed so some presses and rotation literally are traps that lower dps from a game design perspective or have been so power creeped by ability buffs that like 90% of dmg might come from one button and 4 dead ones below autoing dps. It's really strange design.

Good game overall imo, but very still strange game design for a mmorpg.  And players get mad when content fails. But what kind of healthy game design is 90% of the group's dps for 10% the effort? 

Unfortunately this is a reflection of anets lack of understanding of their own game in pve. Time and time again they've demonstrated that they don't understand how to power budget things like range, practical dps uptime, and strength of core classes which leads to major problems when combined with specializations.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2