Mistfire wolf summon should be permanent

24 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Frankly, even after that change i doubt we'd see much use of it except for a short time during leveling (when some elites might not be accessible yet), and for purely aesthetic purposes.

Yeah, I can see some RPing Norn ranger use a pemanent MW summon in conjuncture with a Rock Dog and their regular pet in OW but I don't see how this would be an isse.

23 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Nothing contrarian about making a direct and rather obvious point about skill cooldown you're willingfully disregarding in your initial post. Maybe don't use words you don't understand (or just don't overuse them just to insult others).

How is this "going by my logic"? Making a summon be up non-stop is just a direct buff to dps, it also straight up removes the skill cooldown. What about that is so hard for you to understand?

Except I never said that it wouldn't be a buff for these skills, I said that it "wouldn't change the bigger picture".

23 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

It also doesn't matter whether or not it's stronger than something in a different slot, they can still be used together. It's still removal of cd for a skill, it's still a passive increase of dps.

Having to give up your elite slot for a sub 1k increase in passive DPS (assuming that the minion actually manages to stay alive), that's pretty much the textbook definition of a non issue right here.

Edited by Tails.9372
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Tails.9372 said:

Except I never said that it wouldn't be a buff for these skills, I said that it "wouldn't change the bigger picture".

It would clearly be a passive increase in dps for some cases. Of course you can start arguing semantics about what you think "bigger picture" means here, but in the end it still is what I said in my previous posts. Which is: it makes a difference, you're basically asking to remove a cooldown from a skill that provides passive dps increase.

Overally if someone wants to play a pet class, there are already options available.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2