Mistfire wolf summon should be permanent

Basically as the title says I think it would be great if the mistfire wolf skill could become a permanent summon instead of a 30 second summon. It is not a bis skill in any case so I do not think it would harm any aspect of the game if the made it a permanent summon instead of a timed summon and would add a nice aspect to the skill for open world especially for classes that does not have any pets. At the very least reduce the cooldown of the skill maybe?

• Like 3
  • Confused 10
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

I see people mentioning Pay to Win. Was this skill tied to a purchase? I don't honestly remember where it originated.

I purchased the core game back then, HoT, PoF and EoD and still don't have them unlocked so you couldn't get them through any of the "mandatory purchases". They are currently in the gemstore as part of the "Digital Deluxe Upgrade", I don't know if free accounts can purchase this but everyone else can get them by throwing enough gold at the value exchange.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Never going to happen. It's treated like racial elites so it's undertuned for a reason. That said, they could shave it's cooldown a little bit. Maybe down to 120 seconds, or increase it's duration. They should do that for all racial elites. They could cut down their cooldowns even more and they would still be underpowered.

21 hours ago, Tails.9372 said:

Unless there is some special utility with considerable uptime on one of them: all minion summons can be made "always up" and it wouldn't change the bigger picture at all.

This is as true as saying "skill cooldowns don't change anything" would be. So not at all.

8 hours ago, kharmin.7683 said:

No.  Not every class has to have pets.

True.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3

6 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Considering how weak it is even when it is summoned, that would be more like pay to lose.

Depends on the class I expect. Some class elites are underwhelming to say the least. A permanent summon to take aggro and do (some) damage might be an improvement. 

That said, most builds have access to elites that serve them better than would the suggested option.

• Sad 1

49 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

This is as true as saying "skill cooldowns don't change anything" would be. So not at all.

Ah yes, the contrarian is being a contrarian for the sheer sake of being a contrarian again.

Going by your logic necro having 100% uptime on their Shadow Fiend would mean that its equally as strong as a "no CD Epidemic" would be which is obviously utter nonsense.

Most summons, including the elite ones, are barely as strong as a Rock Dog rune summon and I've yet to see people unironically complain about how they are an issue.

Edited by Tails.9372
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Depends on the class I expect. Some class elites are underwhelming to say the least. A permanent summon to take aggro and do (some) damage might be an improvement.

That would be an argument for improving the worse elites for said professions (because, yes, some are really bad). Not really against having Mistfire be permanent. Frankly, even after that change i doubt we'd see much use of it except for a short time during leveling (when some elites might not be accessible yet), and for purely aesthetic purposes.

18 minutes ago, Tails.9372 said:

Ah yes, the contrarian is being a contrarian for the sheer sake of being a contrarian again.

Going by your logic necro having 100% uptime on their Shadow Fiend would mean that its equally as strong as a "no CD Epidemic" would be which is obviously utter nonsense.

Most summons, including the elite ones, are barely as strong as a Rock Dog rune summon and I've yet to see people unironically complain about how they are "too strong".

Nothing contrarian about making a direct and rather obvious point about skill cooldown you're willingfully disregarding in your initial post. Maybe don't use words you don't understand (or just don't overuse them in weak attempts to insult others).

How is this "going by my logic"? Making a summon be up non-stop is just a direct buff to passive dps, it also straight up removes the skill cooldown. What about that is so hard for you to understand?

It also doesn't matter whether or not it's stronger than something in a different slot, they can still be used together. It's still removal of cd for a skill, it's still a passive increase of dps.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

8 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

That would be an argument for improving the worse elites for said professions (because, yes, some are really bad). Not really against having Mistfire be permanent. Frankly, even after that change i doubt we'd see much use of it except for a short time during leveling (when some elites might not be accessible yet), and for purely aesthetic purposes.

Of course. Some elites need rework (and ranger needs an elite trap) but I see that as a separate subject, worth a thread of its own. I was just responding to the "pay to lose" bit because the suggestion would be an improvement for some.