[Vid] Mirage Guide/Builds/Gameplay tips

dubidubidubidu.5308

Just transfered the thread from the old Forum:

Hi back with a new vid. this time about the new elite spec mirage. Comprehensive guide incl. trait+skill explanations, gameplay tips and tricks and a build compilation (diverse powerbuilds and an offensive condihybrid build) for pvp and wvw. You know i just like high dmg numbers so all builds are very offensive/glassy. ;)

Timestamps you find in the vid-description and in the comments on YouTube. After intro with some gameplay and feature overview you can skip me showing only the tooltips from all traits/skills for ppl who could not play themself this weekend. After that the analysis and explanation from traits and skills start (at min 4: 23). hope you can enjoy!Notice the vid description as always pls!

Link:

@FaboBabo.3581 said:

@Esplen.3940 said:Dodging during hard cc/immob without stunbreak trait is intentional. You're still cc'ed/stuck while evading.

since cc sets up the burst in most cases it is relevant in my opinion.

I didn't watch the video, but I'm guessing that op mentioned how dodging while cced without the trait is probably a bug or something when it's actually an intentional mechanic.

@Pyroatheist.9031 said:I didn't watch the video, but I'm guessing that op mentioned how dodging while cced without the trait is probably a bug or something when it's actually an intentional mechanic.

Correct. I watched the video to see if there was any hidden tech, and other than good usage of Jaunt (which is just abusing cliff-blinks), I didn't see anything outstanding.

As for OP @"Jazz.4639", the Axe2 hits significantly harder than Axe3. You can (unreliably) abuse this by having no skill target and facing your camera straight down as you use it to attempt to limit your mobility if you don't need the distance. Additionally, it sends out 8 whirl finishers, making it a powerful combination with most fields.

@Ithilwen.1529 : thx for your feedback im happy to hear you watched and even enjoyed the vid :)

@"Esplen.3940" :jaunt is a short distance blink, you can make the exact same stuff than with the good known old blink just on shorter range and i more or less mentioned all possibilities (cast other skills during use/combine with other dmg skills for a burst, blink on higher ground, escaping etc), only difference is, that jaunt also makes a bit dmg on location so combine it for a burst from midrange into melee is even bit more interesting than with blink). What outstanding use of jaunt did you expect on an ordinary teleportskill?

I said im not sure if dodge during immob/cc is intended, i see the possibility that it is, we already have other dodges going in this direction (daredevil can dodge during immob and even remove it that way) and since dodge is an instant skill for mirage it makes somehow sense that you can use it during cc/immob. The reason why im still not 100% sure is, because i think its very strong, maybe too strong counter of cc also it takes away some (ofc not all) of the usefulness from mirages "dodge break stun trait" (a trait that shouldnt exist either in my view, but its there atm). It feels not rly fitting and reconsidered the way it is atm. Deleting the dodge break stun trait could delete some of this strange feeling for me already.

Yes i know and even mentioned the good combofinisher axe skills have. On pure powerbuild axe3 had an higher dmg for me on testing, but i didnt use axe that much, i only told what i saw during testing a bit on golems. And i only talked about the pure power dmg it made not about other rewards the skill use gives. thats why i mentioned the movement reward and the combofinisher rewards separate to the power-dmg information. Leapskills always work with the camera the way you mentioned, i even made a separate guide about it, but i forgot to test/ mention it in this guide again, so thx for adding it. If ppl wanna know more about tips and tricks we can do with camera they can just check my camera use guide.

Anyway sry you couldnt enjoy the vid.

It's probably not wise to get so defensive about answers to a question you posed. Regardless, I'll respond to your points in reverse order.

You're most certainly correct that Axe3 hits harder than Axe2. It does 25% more damage, but at a 50% longer cast time. In terms of Condi output, it gives 2/3 more Condis (66% increase). So in a Condition setup (without Whirl), Axe3 will hit harder than Axe2. In a Power setup (or any setup with an offensive finisher), you get more damage out of Axe2.

I don't believe that being able to dodge while cc'ed or immobilized pulls away from getting a stun break while dodging. That trait is very powerful and if it allowed you to dodge while cc'ed or immobilized (when you otherwise wouldn't) it would dominate the PvP scene (when Mirage is taken). If you watch the Guild Chat, they state:The other thing that's really fun about this dodge is it allows you to dodge when you're otherwise incapacitated. If the enemy knocked you down he's wanting a followup attack, you can dodge that even though you're knocked down. - Robert Gee, Guild Chat Episode 51

lol wus? where im defensive? i just explained my point of view in a functional way o.O

Again to the axe: i just talked about the pure hit dmg on power, about nothing else. Ofc axe3 has a longer cast time because it has additional rewards (break target, teleport, retarget illus to new target) which need to have some costs. Thats why i mentioned other rewards from skill uses aside from the pure dmg separate. I only gave a short overview about axe for ppl who couldnt test a lot or nothing themself, because i didnt rly use axe myself that much.

To the dodge: i didnt suggest to delete the dodge during immob/cc ability and give it into the dodge break stun trait, i suggested to completely delete the dodge break stun trait. I think both the dodge during cc and the stunbreak on dodge shouldnt exist, but delete the dodge during cc ability is maybe not possible technically when you wanna have an instant dodge makes you able to cast skills during it.

Thx for the quote, i dont have much time to read forums and stuff, so i didnt see it before. i mostly only post my vid-links in forums, check from time to time if someone has a question or feedback or anything to the vid and thats it. The Robert gee post clearly prove that it is intentional, what i expected anyway i only said im not 100% sure because somehow i dont think its good that way.

Archived