Ranger and Might

RainbowTurtle.3542

Ranger really struggles with group might. Like, REALLY struggles. Druid is in a pretty bad spot with it, as the 1 might makes it decently difficult to upkeep it on fights where your frost spirit dies or you cant get CA back up.

I don't think having frost spirit capable of giving 25 might is balanced at all, so I think something different is needed.

Commands could give might, but there aren't many that are that good- sic em isn't too great due to pets also being not great, search and rescue is more important to have ready to... rescue someone, guard is very bad currently (your pet needs to take hits to gain might), We Heal As One is currently our only pet boonshare outside of our wonderful support traitline that is not at all an odd jumble of traits like the rest of ranger, Protect Me is in a decent spot all things considered (could use group barrier to be a bit more modernized), however I do think Strength of the Pack should give might to a group, along with the fury gained on cast. It would give viability to boon DPS Ranger, and while it wouldn't solve the problem of Druid struggling decently hard now with this basic boon, it'd help things like Condi Alac Untamed or even just Condi Untamed (due to Entangle being very iffy for bosses, they can just walk out of the root and not take the full damage, SoTP could help give Condi Untamed a bit of a supportive edge without much investment).

Druid could just gain their 1 might back for the old easy overcap, or give might when any healing is applied on an ICD (i.e. 3s ICD but regen procs it as well as direct healing). Alternatively if they can fix spirits and make then not bad (i.e. work in every mode by not letting them be killed) along with buffing the might on frost spirit (faster rampup and higher cap) and move GoTL to a different trait tier (1 might isn't good enough to give up something like Lingering Light imo, it's just that core ranger has terrible support capabilities even with offensive support meaning GoTL is best in slot) I could see things being fine with 1 might on GoTL.

1 hour ago, RainbowTurtle.3542 said:

Ranger really struggles with group might. Like, REALLY struggles. Druid is in a pretty bad spot with it, as the 1 might makes it decently difficult to upkeep it on fights where your frost spirit dies or you cant get CA back up.

Ranger has always struggled with group boons outside Regeneration and Swiftness. Its not really the class for it, self Might and quickness is fine but providing them to others not so much.

7 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

Ranger has always struggled with group boons outside Regeneration and Swiftness. Its not really the class for it, self Might and quickness is fine but providing them to others not so much.

That was fine at release, modern day where everyone needs to be able to do everything not so much. If you're trying to play a boon support that's actually built like a boon support from a design standpoint (i.e. druid) you shouldn't struggle to upkeep a boon like might.

• Like 3

They looked at ranger pets.. never thought I'd see the day. They need to improve a lot more but at least it's a step in the right direction. Finally getting a bit of stability is nice. Between the aegis change/quickness applying to felines, AND a bit of stability, I might be able to use my druid again in PvE.

Edit: my phone bugged out and posted this in the wrong thread, it was meant for the upcoming ranger changes on August 23rd. I'll just leave it here.

Edited by Strider.7849
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Strider.7849 said:

They looked at ranger pets.. never thought I'd see the day. They need to improve a lot more but at least it's a step in the right direction. Finally getting a bit of stability is nice. Between the aegis change/quickness applying to felines, AND a bit of stability, I might be able to use my druid again in PvE.

Edit: my phone bugged out and posted this in the wrong thread, it was meant for the upcoming ranger changes on August 23rd. I'll just leave it here.

Wrong thread, but I definetly agree!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RainbowTurtle.3542 said:

That was fine at release, modern day where everyone needs to be able to do everything not so much. If you're trying to play a boon support that's actually built like a boon support from a design standpoint (i.e. druid) you shouldn't struggle to upkeep a boon like might.

True so that does deserve a buff of some kind.