Feedback on Chronomance upcoming Patch

AlopiasGW.1932

Hi,

try to keep it short. I think Anet tries to push Chrono in a Alac DPS role, which would be totally fine by me, but I do not think that the changes so far and upcoming ones are enough. The main problem is the crit chance. I think we can all agree on this. Chrono just needs more of it to be effective in any Power role or DPS - Alac/Quickness role.

Another little buff I like to see to Power Mesmer is that Mind Stab (Greatsword) and Blurred Frenzy (Sword) do not lock you in place anymore. Especially the new Strike Mission require constant movement and both skills are part of every damage rotation. BONUS this would only be a little buff to Virtuoso but Mirage and Chrono would benefit a lot. It would be very nice to use them while moving and that not only for PVE!

• Like 4

i said this before but i really wish they could rip the crit chance increase from virt and place into dueling/core because ALL mesmer builds have a problem with crit chance

something thats also recently been bothering me is how phantasms struggle to deal meaningful damage without having chronophantasma/phantasmal blades traited. even on a core build that maximises phantasm damage, a phantasmal disenchanter struggles to outdamage the last hit of my sword chain despite supposedly having 50% higher tooltip damage (is it even worth casting?). there are far too many damage traits that dont affect phantasms (including recent improved alacrity change) and i think some traits should be changed to affect them (like fragility, superiority complex - where the trait description doesnt necessarily care about the mesmer)

• Like 6

I agree 100%, the good thing is that I believe they can actually get Power Mesmer apart from Virtuoso to a good place, but it still needs work. It is already better than before. Phantasm management should be made easier. Honestly, I think is Anet is always concerned with Chronomance due to Continiuum Split, BUT it is harder and harder to do it in the new PVE Endgame content. One of my favorites .... Boneskinner, you port back into the puddles ...LOL

Edited by AlopiasGW.1932
  • Like 1

All good ideas. Critical Chance Core trait buffs and the ability for Phantasms/Clones to benefit from Quickness would also help counterbalance the Mirage nerfs and potentially offer some more build diversity to the class. Not to mention one of the main barriers to entry for Mirage which is timing the clone ambushes against your own faster ambushes.

On 8/13/2022 at 12:51 PM, Noodle Ant.1605 said:

i said this before but i really wish they could rip the crit chance increase from virt and place into dueling/core because ALL mesmer builds have a problem with crit chance

something thats also recently been bothering me is how phantasms struggle to deal meaningful damage without having chronophantasma/phantasmal blades traited. even on a core build that maximises phantasm damage, a phantasmal disenchanter struggles to outdamage the last hit of my sword chain despite supposedly having 50% higher tooltip damage (is it even worth casting?). there are far too many damage traits that dont affect phantasms (including recent improved alacrity change) and i think some traits should be changed to affect them (like fragility, superiority complex - where the trait description doesnt necessarily care about the mesmer)

Hard pass on this would take away from any of the non-meta builds as most of them use something other then dueling. When you do a dueling build you're locked into it. Chaos centric allows you to switch to support/heal/tanking as needed. Same gear the normal high 30k dps range in DPS traits & 20k dps range in Heal Traits. It would bottleneck every one to use one specific Meta style build instead of being versatile. 2 of the 3 mesmer specs are already being rendered non-viable, least we want is to make the one decent spec we have do even less. 

Now if its just part of the class for all. Sure. Especially with how poorly Mirage and Chrono have been treated. 

Why can't light armor classes get 5% more default crit? I mean Heavy Armor has more defense. Its not like these are designed on exact equal value to begin with. They're squishier by default let em do a little more damage. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Voyant.1327 said:

Hard pass on this would take away from any of the non-meta builds as most of them use something other then dueling. When you do a dueling build you're locked into it. Chaos centric allows you to switch to support/heal/tanking as needed. Same gear the normal high 30k dps range in DPS traits & 20k dps range in Heal Traits. It would bottleneck every one to use one specific Meta style build instead of being versatile. 2 of the 3 mesmer specs are already being rendered non-viable, least we want is to make the one decent spec we have do even less. 

Now if its just part of the class for all. Sure. Especially with how poorly Mirage and Chrono have been treated. 

Why can't light armor classes get 5% more default crit? I mean Heavy Armor has more defense. Its not like these are designed on exact equal value to begin with. They're squishier by default let em do a little more damage. 

no, the problem is that condi on virt is reliant on crits for no real reason. pve-wise it already pigeonholes the spec into extremely specific gear that no other build runs. competitive-wise the bleed dmg may as well not even exist, especially for the crit chance needed to make it work

the crit requirement on jagged mind and deadly blades could easily be removed (and rebalanced) so that virt wouldnt need to touch dueling or use specific gear. why limit condi virt in this way while starving the rest of mesmer its needed crit chance?

pve power builds will typically run dueling anyway due to phantasmal fury

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/19/2022 at 10:54 AM, Noodle Ant.1605 said:

pve power builds will typically run dueling anyway due to phantasmal fury

This. I feel like Phantasmal Fury is the lowest hanging fruit for a core mesmer buff:  "Your phantasms have Fury. Fury gives you and your illusions 10% extra crit chance" or whatever it is we need.