Necro and hard PVE content (Human factor)

nightshadow.7108

Hello dear support team! I playing in this good game from release. My main character is Necromancer. I spend more time by playing this class because i love this class in every game. But sometimes i stuck with some problems with this class. I going in pvp, WvW, but PvE its a huge problem:1)Necro is not a support (no pve support specific combat boon - vampiric aura dont up huge damage to allies like alacrity 8( ,Last rites only for WvW , at same time i see warrior banners, which gives 2 boons to allies for every of them), scourge barrier dont stay at long time and dont heal, give no too much heal, as druid or revenant)And for bonus i say that druids dont only heal players, ye right they can support them for more damage and survival(stone spirit- protect, sun spirit - condi, frost spirit - power, perma fury from pet, empower glyph for damage, 25 might, perma regen, and spotter.) that is reason, which keep druids as best healers.2) Necro its not a dps class (berserker reaper has not a huge dps with raid boons , valkyrie reaper same, berserker scourge have much more but not a good dps, grieving scourge have a bad dps, condi reaper 30k dps, condi scourge 29k dps), at same time we ll see https://qtfy.eu/guildwars/benchmarks-path-of-fire/ new weaver dps is 41k on big hitbox, condi weaver have 38k dps on small hitbox! Hitboxes its bad thing in this game ( for example u can increase cooldown for every meteorite, which damage one target, its can increase cooldown of skill and dps of elementalists can down from this thing for balance of course)3) necro cant tank - why? he have so much hp and? its not save him from one shoot of many bosses like freaking block skills, this sucks. For bonus look at chronomancer: block from skill, evade from distortion(signet evade, shatter evade, phantasm creation evade) and burst of players with alacrity quackness and all recieved buff like protection from same druid. Omg how much for one class?4) necro dont needed in 100cm fractal! why? because u know something about elementalists right? Ye damned "tempest defence" trait, that problem of all classes. Elementalist can kill everything with huge burst over 9000 power when cc dibuf appears. All experienced players know it. Every boss phase running through on some seconds in fractals or on Keep Construct boss with this sugar trait. Thats not right

i talk so much about elementalists because they in favorite place at all, they have huge dps, they can heal playes, they can tank all bosses, they have invulnerability, which save them from one shoot skills, they have block skills, which can save them from huge damage, they can rebound players, and save them from death.

As at past time i hear some about revenants, which dont needed anywhere, i hear this now about my class. I love PvE so much, and i come in raids every time, and i have all classes, but im tired to hear "necro dont needed here", "necro dont needed there", "necro dont needed anywhere", "u necro? GTFO"Of coure as i say its a human factor, but its real dependant from balance.I just asking about some minimal balance in PvE, u dont need to change it in other parts of game.

- weaver big hitbox
- another weaver
- condi weaver
- condi mirage
c mirage big hitbox

@Vitali.5039 said:Vampiric Presence for 10 targets could be a start, adding increased crit chance or crit damage versus bleeding target while under that effect could be perfect.

10 targets is very unlikely. none of the unique profession buffs affects 10 targets (spotter, emporered allies etc.).but any additional effect to the small life leech and the small damage is appreciated (!!). even if it has to meet certain conditions like a bleeding traget

@Aetatis.5418 said:10 targets is very unlikely. none of the unique profession buffs affects 10 targets (spotter, emporered allies etc.).but any additional effect to the small life leech and the small damage is appreciated (!!). even if it has to meet certain conditions like a bleeding traget

I have bad news for u, any warrior banners have 2 class buffs and works on 10 targets, druid and deadeye can share 25 might on 10 targets, chrono can share quick on 10 targets(not all time)

Epidemic.Necros niche is not direct on boss damage. It's an 'okay' on-boss dps, but a god of aoe add annihilation that cannot be contested.Weaver, iirc has decent aoe, its also insanely frail. A sneeze will blow up an ele. A poor rotation either because you canceled a cast or a mechanic was missed and your whole groove can be put in the garbage.. so imo, their high damage is fair; huge tradeoffs to deal big damage.And mirage aoe is garbage. They have some defenses, they have great damage, and they have amazing utility.. but their aoe doesn't exist in any reasonable capacity. They also have a rather long ramp up, not as long as it was but still a bit of a rising storm. (which is fine, they suffer from boss "resets")

But back to epidemic. It deletes gorse adds, it can be used to blink adds out of reality on sab, and can smash slublings (unfortunately the friendly kind as well). Best of all epi bounces still exist. Like just sit down and try to organize this strat with a teammate. It's absolutely bonkers. I've hit 30k on boss by epi bouncing with someone while everyone else was sitting around 16-18k.

The condi to boon flips are fantastic too, and barrier is a cool mechanic. Res traits in blood magic are nifty, but lets not mince anything. Epi will ensure that necromancer is literally always worth considering.

Transfusion is also the best butt-saving revive in the game, bar none, no questions. And it has strong, consistent healing to boot. Coupled with Regeneration up time from Staff 2, and supplemental Barrier applied as needed, Scourge absolutely can solo heal on "Hard" content and makes conditions a breeze to deal with.

@nightshadow.7108 said:

@Aetatis.5418 said:10 targets is very unlikely. none of the unique profession buffs affects 10 targets (spotter, emporered allies etc.).but any additional effect to the small life leech and the small damage is appreciated (!!). even if it has to meet certain conditions like a bleeding traget

I have bad news for u, any warrior banners have 2 class buffs and works on 10 targets, druid and deadeye can share 25 might on 10 targets, chrono can share quick on 10 targets(not all time)

the skills you mention are utility skills (spirits and banners). skills you have to press, to place down - skills that need a slot in the utility-skill-bar :)and the might stacking on 10 people... is not a passive aswell. you actually have to do something (and quickness does not work on 10 ppl effectively. only overstacking of quickness does and the elite. which is both a waste of cds) - you dont have to do anything for the following (besides traiting them):

passive traits (that apply as soon as you are in combat) such as spotter, empowered allies, strength in numbers, pinpoint distribution and assassin's presence - and they are all 5 targets. so i still dont see a future of vampiric presence changing to 10 allies. wouldnt fit in the philosophy of those traits.if one of them changes... all change. or none (most likely)

@obcan.1470 said:I still dont kitten understand why do you keep comparing big target weaver againist small target anything? Have you seen weaver perform on small targets? Its Warriors levels of bad.

ye u right about unique big hitbox build, but elementalist have alternative builds for small hitbax too, condi build for example, or dagger warhorn air build or scepter warhorn build, which more effective on small hitbox than staff build

I just talk about multifunctionality of this class ( u can change everythung and be in best position everytime, instead of necromancer, which cant allow this to yourself at same time)

@Aetatis.5418 said:

@nightshadow.7108 said:

the skills you mention are utility skills (spirits and banners). skills you have to press, to place down - skills that need a slot in the utility-skill-bar :)and the might stacking on 10 people... is not a passive aswell. you actually have to do something (and quickness does not work on 10 ppl effectively. only overstacking of quickness does and the elite. which is both a waste of cds) - you dont have to do anything for the following (besides traiting them):

passive traits (that apply as soon as you are in combat) such as spotter, empowered allies, strength in numbers, pinpoint distribution and assassin's presence - and they are all 5 targets. so i still dont see a future of vampiric presence changing to 10 allies. wouldnt fit in the philosophy of those traits.if one of them changes... all change. or none (most likely)

its not necessary which position uset for class buff - its just psce (profession specific combat enchantment) as devs say to us, but ye u right about placed class buffs, only them have 10 targets, but think about another classes for a while: chrono has many class buffs, ranger has many class buffs, warrior has many class buffs, but, Engineer have many placed turrets and hyrocopters, but he have 2 class buff or smthn, necro have many placed objects like shades, but he have only 2 class buffs, reve have around 3 class buffs, but he cant catch them all, because he dont have enough energy, how about thief? i just cant talk about this class, guardian have 2 around 2 class buffs, but we cant talk just about all buffs, because u know that only damage buffs needed in raids for fast completition. That's what I'm talking about. And all raiders know it. But if same class have bonus boon it will be nice, like ston spirit by druid, or distortion by chrono.

@Murdock.6547 said:Epidemic.Necros niche is not direct on boss damage. It's an 'okay' on-boss dps, but a god of aoe add annihilation that cannot be contested.Weaver, iirc has decent aoe, its also insanely frail. A sneeze will blow up an ele. A poor rotation either because you canceled a cast or a mechanic was missed and your whole groove can be put in the garbage.. so imo, their high damage is fair; huge tradeoffs to deal big damage.And mirage aoe is garbage. They have some defenses, they have great damage, and they have amazing utility.. but their aoe doesn't exist in any reasonable capacity. They also have a rather long ramp up, not as long as it was but still a bit of a rising storm. (which is fine, they suffer from boss "resets")

But back to epidemic. It deletes gorse adds, it can be used to blink adds out of reality on sab, and can smash slublings (unfortunately the friendly kind as well). Best of all epi bounces still exist. Like just sit down and try to organize this strat with a teammate. It's absolutely bonkers. I've hit 30k on boss by epi bouncing with someone while everyone else was sitting around 16-18k.

The condi to boon flips are fantastic too, and barrier is a cool mechanic. Res traits in blood magic are nifty, but lets not mince anything. Epi will ensure that necromancer is literally always worth considering.

Please can you not pretend that the Necro (Reaper/Scourge) is in a good place atm (and I'm mainly focussing on PvE/Raids here), because it clearly isn't. And if posts like yours keep popping up, you give Anet even more reasons to neglect the Necro once more in a next balance patch (just like they did again ... and again ... and again ... etc.).(Again, mainly focussing on PvE (Raids/Fractals) here:)

• The so called buffed reaper is still mediocre in DPS, as far as I know we're still not being asked for in (speedclear) raids ... please correct me if I'm wrong, tho!
  • We still don't provide good support ... also here: any Raid lfg asking for might stacking Necro ??? Or even: 'barrier scourge needed' ??? Don't think so!
  • Hell, that one thing that we're so good at according to you: AoE (via Epidemic) Necro ... Why would they ask for us if the weaver is still far more superior than us in this ...
  • CC .... well, we're not THAT bad ... at least the reaper isn't, but druid is just better ... period! Again: raid lfg: Power reaper needed for CC ... no, no, NO !!!

The moment raid (or even fractal) groups are really going to ask for us again, like they do with: Druids, Chronos, Weavers, Banner Wars, etc. ... is the day we can post these kind of posts again.

@"Agrippa Oculus.3726" said:

• The so called buffed reaper is still mediocre in DPS, as far as I know we're still not being asked for in (speedclear) raids ... please correct me if I'm wrong, tho!

Right. The dmg buff is... at least something but you cannot maintain the full potential. The next bigger "thing" who looks at you will kick you immediately out of the shroud because 16k Life Force is nothing compared to the low speed you get it back. /sarcasm And which skill did get the most "love" from Anets greatest, mightiest and best balance team? Oh right... /sarcasmoffHo ho ho everyone

Archived