What is needed for a decent WvW Brawler Spec

Mell.4873

3 hours ago, Bunny.9834 said:

Untamed was suppose to be the brawler spec but its so lackluster in the defense department that it melts in zerg fights. 

The devs seems to think Nature Magic is enough for survival but it actually isnt. 

They need to do something about the traits that would significantly increase you and your pet’s survivability in exchange for less damage. 

Yeah it's a bit of a mixed bag. I mean in small to medium size zerg clashes Untamed is fine but anything bigger pets and you melt. 

I mean you can permanently unleash your pet to receive 25% damage reduction which is nice but ultimately you have to many long cooldown skills to manage to make sure you don't die. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

Yeah it's a bit of a mixed bag. I mean in small to medium size zerg clashes Untamed is fine but anything bigger pets and you melt. 

I mean you can permanently unleash your pet to receive 25% damage reduction which is nice but ultimately you have to many long cooldown skills to manage to make sure you don't die. 

The damage reduction is only 10% in WvW 😔.

As @Trevor Boyer.6524explained very well and in great detail it seems what we need is:

* take soulbeast, put the normal untame’s hammer on the subclass, hammer does 0 damage in wvw but soulbeast can use one wolf pack to trigger some damage in there. Make soulbeast the wvw spec with hammer and properly  sharing stances. And work from there with some touch here and there ( I vote to move the damage reduction from dolyak to bear and increase the shared stances to 100%) and having a review into Moa(I vote to extend 2 second flat incoming boon to avoid infinite boon spam) and maybe griphon (by giving it an stun break) . Untamed makes better use of a power CC weapon. Being able to select the archetype independently of the pet would help too, 

* unPlayable become the pvp spec they wanted, giving more mobility by giving a better Mainhand  dual dagger with increased mobility. It has better boon removal and some stun in there too so it makes a nice combo with offhand dagger. Untamed to become a more condi CC spec. 

Edited by anduriell.6280
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, anduriell.6280 said:

As @Trevor Boyer.6524explained very well and in great detail it seems what we need is:

* take soulbeast, put the normal untame’s hammer on the subclass, hammer does 0 damage in wvw but soulbeast can use one wolf pack to trigger some damage in there. Make soulbeast the wvw spec with hammer and properly  sharing stances. And work from there with some touch here and there ( I vote to move the damage reduction from dolyak to bear and increase the shared stances to 100%) and having a review into Moa(I vote to extend 2 second flat incoming boon to avoid infinite boon spam) and maybe griphon (by giving it an stun break) . Untamed makes better use of a power CC weapon. Being able to select the archetype independently of the pet would help too, 

* unPlayable become the pvp spec they wanted, giving more mobility by giving a better Mainhand  dual dagger with increased mobility. It has better boon removal and some stun in there too so it makes a nice combo with offhand dagger. Untamed to become a more condi CC spec. 

I agree with this sentiment, I mean most ranger specs do something other than dealing damage and then Soulbeast is entirely damage and not much else.

Untamed like Druid is just hard to push into a meta where you Zerg up and smash together. Conditions/projectiles/Pets are mostly a waste of time so Ranger doesn't have much left. Even with this in mind I do believe Untamed under the right conditions could assist classes like Engineer and Guardian in a Zerg push though CC.

• Like 1