Login Issue Error code: 42:0:9001:4457 ;

Hi everyone, I have been experiencing login issue and map loading issues since yesterday (8.19.22) until now. I noticed the error code displayed appeared in a post two years ago (linked here)

and it appears to occur after WvW reset. I have another friend experiencing the same error code and a reinstall didn't improve it.  In addition, the marketplace and friend list don't load for us.

So far we have tried: 

-Router restarting

-Disabling firewall

-Game reinstall

-Played on a different PC(same wifi) 

If anyone has been experiencing the same issues or has any suggestions on fixes, we would greatly appreciate it. 

This exact same issue is impacting me and two other GW2 players in my household. It started on Thursday as well.

We have tried the following, without success:

Reinstalled GW2
Restarted router
Port forwarding on router
Password change
Contacted our ISP, they confirmed the problem is not on their end.

This issue is specific to GW2. All other games and websites function properly. Bumping this for attention to the issue

Edited by Shannon.6920
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

I and others in the house get this error on logging in all the time - it is literally the dumbest thing. Also the page linked by Inculpatus cedo.9234 is useless; it does not contain the error mentioned here. I do not think having all family members and friends having to reset their passwords is an appropriate solution and Anet should really address this issue. If they do not want a group of folks gaming together then they should state that while purchasing. Seems fine when only a few of us, but it does not scale well when others start attempting to get their game on.

Support attempting to have me check my own systems as stated above but does not check into their own systems or clearly state what is going on. Do we all need to slam the support system with help to address this issue? imagine a few hundred tickets all with the same error. lol

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

The error has suddenly stopped and the game has been back to normal and stable for me for the past couple days. I have no idea what changed in the slightest and had never experienced this issue prior to basically all of last week.

Hopefully, it stays fixed. Wish I could offer some help to others, but I legitimately did nothing to fix it. :classic_unsure: Every fixed I tried did not help, and it just suddenly started working out of nowhere the other day.

Edited by Malkyria.1504

• 3 months later...

hey guys, in case you still need help with this, I just had the same issue and this fixed it for me:

Follow steps here to add command line argument:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Command_line_arguments

And add "-clientport 80" without the quotation marks. The problem was that the required ports weren't open, and this opens them for GW2. Good luck!

• 2 months later...
On 12/7/2022 at 7:34 PM, Ode.9236 said:

hey guys, in case you still need help with this, I just had the same issue and this fixed it for me:

Follow steps here to add command line argument:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Command_line_arguments

And add "-clientport 80" without the quotation marks. The problem was that the required ports weren't open, and this opens them for GW2. Good luck!

Oh My God 

I love you for eternity, this issue has been driven me nut for the past 2 weeks especially during peak hours.

Thank you 😀.

• Confused 1