Hybrid Holo OW Build - Opinions please!

Uh Pooky.4567

Hello!

Just looking for some opinions and thoughts on this hybrid holo build for open world - http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PeQAQlZw0YhsIGKO0L3vfA-zRRYmBzGFsyIwEIiCwhZ5RzKA-e

The other PVE based builds I use are power based (power alac mech and power quick scrap) so I tried doing something different for open world. I also try utilizing all 3 elite specs, so this is the reason why I'm choosing holo for OW.

I don't want to kitten myself so if yawl think my dps will suffer, just let me know please and I'll probably just stick to power.

Thank you!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Uh Pooky.4567 said:

Hello!

Just looking for some opinions and thoughts on this hybrid holo build for open world - http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PeQAQlZw0YhsIGKO0L3vfA-zRRYmBzGFsyIwEIiCwhZ5RzKA-e

The other PVE based builds I use are power based (power alac mech and power quick scrap) so I tried doing something different for open world. I also try utilizing all 3 elite specs, so this is the reason why I'm choosing holo for OW.

I don't want to kitten myself so if yawl think my dps will suffer, just let me know please and I'll probably just stick to power.

Thank you!

For open world that should be fine, you might be a tad squish but you probably won't lack damage.

Thanks guys for the responses! Any thoughts on beefing it up a smidge? I’m thinking maybe taking blast shield instead of the ferocity trait?

Also, is more survivability needed when factoring in the reinforcement buff and the extra vitality from jade bot tier 10?

• Like 1

@Uh Pooky.4567

check bomb kit insted of granades, bomb 2 do aoe fire dmg, also bomb 4 do aoe blind

also in t2 holo consider Crystal Configuration, it will make your 1 aa 240->600 range and count as explosion, means you will trigger fury for yourself from short fuse also Explosive temper (ferocity) ^^

i wuld also consider swaping lasser disc for Flamethrower

-> Flamethrower is good as defence cuz 3 and 5, and good as offence for 4+2 (might blast) and burning dmg

also 3 fire stacks from toolbelt skill

that small changes schold up your dmg, fury uptime, and defence by aoe blinding enemys 

you can also stealth yourself by bomb 4+blast (flamethrower 2)/leap (rifle 5) 

Edited by Noah Salazar.5430
  • Like 1

Actually I change my mind, I think a build like this would work better for solo open world game-play.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PewAQprlZw0YhsIGKO0L3vfA-zxIY1ouvMioMCJT08QIo9jPmlHNrAA-e

You trade about 300 power and 400 condition damage for 300 ferocity, 600 toughness, 600 vitality, 600 healing power, 400 expertise, and 600 concentration.

When I last played hybrid Holosmith I was running pistol/pistol with Alchemy/Firearms and Elixirs/Flamethrower. This was back before the Rifle and Pinpoint Distribution buffs.

With the new Cele set up you provided, you are possibly good to go for OW. Another option I took when going the hybrid/condi Holo route was to take the grandmaster trait Thermal Release Valve (your dodge roll burns enemies and removes heat i.e. heals you), which turned out to be a massive improvement on both my condi damage and my survival. Try it out if you ever have issues to survive!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1