Not getting any Twitch drops for some reason

Fortunately after I had been messing around for 2hrs and clearing cookies for Twitch (and disabling/enabling the Twitch link on the GW2 account page for good measure) I finally started receiving the drops.

Upon reading these other issues where people did claim them on Twitch but did not receive them in-game it made me worry again but this tim the worry was unfounded (for me at least) as it seems that all the items had been sent to me through in-game mail.

I have to say though, for a 10yr anniversary these rewards feel a bit lacking. Especially with that outfit box I expected it to contain a special/unique anniversary outfit; yet instead you can only choose from a selection of old outfits that have been available at the Gem Store for years. Same thing with the mini-box that contained old mini's from the previous expansion that you had to combine in the Mystic Forge for other colored versions (jackal pup, springer mini etc).

So that was a little disappointing that for ArenaNet celebrating a decade of Guild Wars 2; they don't seem willing to do something more memorable with their rewards. Heck, even something we could have placed in our home instance would have been nice imo. Like a statue or something. Other games I've played often did this to commemorate special events.

"Celebrate our 10 year anniversary; here's some old junk that we had lying around" <- doesn't really feel like you're celebrating a 10yr anniversary to me imo. Also, when I saw that email from ArenaNet I half expected that people would get that special Water Dragon Armor for free; but that was just more advertising for the Gem Store. Or heck, imagine receiving a cool Skyscale skin that looks like a smaller version of Aurene! Now that would have been an awesome 10yr anniversary reward imo.

Ah well, at least I'm glad that the items arrived in my mailbox. I hope that others watching those streams will also receive theirs. 🙂

EDIT: Well, looking through the items we've received I have to give them some credit as ArenaNet did give us 2 "Dragon Decade Weapon Pack" items with some new weapon skins in them as well as this "Proof of Dragons" armor set you apparently have to scrounge together by doing PvE, PvP, WvW, and boss events. 

Now I would have preferred something a little more unique because weapon/armor skins are always the (imo uninspired) items that they go with over at ArenaNet for some reason instead of doing something else for a change. So yeah, I think that either a cool anniversary monument in our home instance or an Aurene skin for our Skyscale mount would have been much more memorable for this 10yr anniversary compared to yet more weapon/armor skins. But that's just me I guess... 

(now I expect to see a pre-elder dragon Aurene skin for the Skyscale being sold in the Gem Store for 2000+ gems in a few months and then an elder dragon Aurene skin a few months afterwards). 🤪 

Edited by Aveneo.2068
  • Confused 2

now its at least 50 hours, and I'm constantly going in game to see if I got the drops and so far still none, I haven't started replaying the game yet because I only decided to start playing again because of the twitch drops, so that's a bit disappointing. hoping a fix is soon, since other people who posted in this bug forum and submitted a ticket after me have all gotten their fixes already. I'm still willing to wait since I'm also waiting on a friend to finish downloading their game since we both have slow internet. its just frustrating. still looking forward to play the game once I get the drops.

2 hours ago, Aveneo.2068 said:

Fortunately after I had been messing around for 2hrs and clearing cookies for Twitch (and disabling/enabling the Twitch link on the GW2 account page for good measure) I finally started receiving the drops.

Upon reading these other issues where people did claim them on Twitch but did not receive them in-game it made me worry again but this tim the worry was unfounded (for me at least) as it seems that all the items had been sent to me through in-game mail.

I have to say though, for a 10yr anniversary these rewards feel a bit lacking. Especially with that outfit box I expected it to contain a special/unique anniversary outfit; yet instead you can only choose from a selection of old outfits that have been available at the Gem Store for years. Same thing with the mini-box that contained old mini's from the previous expansion that you had to combine in the Mystic Forge for other colored versions (jackal pup, springer mini etc).

So that was a little disappointing that for ArenaNet celebrating a decade of Guild Wars 2; they don't seem willing to do something more memorable with their rewards. Heck, even something we could have placed in our home instance would have been nice imo. Like a statue or something. Other games I've played often did this to commemorate special events.

"Celebrate our 10 year anniversary; here's some old junk that we had lying around" <- doesn't really feel like you're celebrating a 10yr anniversary to me imo. Also, when I saw that email from ArenaNet I half expected that people would get that special Water Dragon Armor for free; but that was just more advertising for the Gem Store. Or heck, imagine receiving a cool Skyscale skin that looks like a smaller version of Aurene! Now that would have been an awesome 10yr anniversary reward imo.

Ah well, at least I'm glad that the items arrived in my mailbox. I hope that others watching those streams will also receive theirs. 🙂

EDIT: Well, looking through the items we've received I have to give them some credit as ArenaNet did give us 2 "Dragon Decade Weapon Pack" items with some new weapon skins in them as well as this "Proof of Dragons" armor set you apparently have to scrounge together by doing PvE, PvP, WvW, and boss events. 

Now I would have preferred something a little more unique because weapon/armor skins are always the (imo uninspired) items that they go with over at ArenaNet for some reason instead of doing something else for a change. So yeah, I think that either a cool anniversary monument in our home instance or an Aurene skin for our Skyscale mount would have been much more memorable for this 10yr anniversary compared to yet more weapon/armor skins. But that's just me I guess... 

(now I expect to see a pre-elder dragon Aurene skin for the Skyscale being sold in the Gem Store for 2000+ gems in a few months and then an elder dragon Aurene skin a few months afterwards). 🤪 

They did a half decent job on last years celebration, with the endless Bday cake (mainly) and the Title, that was later reworded...

I had my expectations low on purpose, yet always disappointing whilst playing a RNG digital whailing based game.

• Confused 1

I submitted a ticket, said which drops i did not received ingame (in my case all of them) and customer service mailed everything to me.

So please do not hesitate to use the support and submite one(1) ticket for this issue. If you are logged in under support you can add additional information for your ticket anything you are logged in there.

If login for support on the website does not work for you use this e-mail adress support@arena.net

Customer Service helped me fast.

Edited by Tigerkralle.1435
Copy and pasted the adress Double Tab an employee of ArenaNet gave us for how to solve this.
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Did you send a ticket in to the CS Team?  Nothing happens without one.

yup I did it literally right after I posted in the bug forum, and they told me to check here, and now its been 51 hrs. and no drops in game

On 8/24/2022 at 11:40 AM, Purple.1204 said:

So I'm not the only one not getting them? Hope they'll fix it soon since the purple mask looks very nice

Same here, yesterday I've finished to reclaim all the drops but still none of them have been delivered in-game.
I remember that when there was the pre-order of EoD and preordered the Ultimate Edition I had to wait like 3 days to get the 4000 Gems, but I don't know if it is the same in this case.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Make sure you update your existing Support Ticket, and do not create a new ticket. 

Good luck.

thanks, your advice worked, after I updated the ticket they speedily fixed issue and I got all items except that missing exp boost we are promised after event

• Like 2

I just got a reply to my ticket saying that my stuff will be in my mail next time I log in.  Thanks for the quick response!

The only oddity, and I guess this was to make sure I hadn't deleted drops from my mail, is that they had restored mail I had deleted a while back.  As such, I had to re-delete a bunch so there was room in my mailbox for the last item.  All good now.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Ery R DM.6451 said:

Same here, yesterday I've finished to reclaim all the drops but still none of them have been delivered in-game.
I remember that when there was the pre-order of EoD and preordered the Ultimate Edition I had to wait like 3 days to get the 4000 Gems, but I don't know if it is the same in this case.

If you want the items, send a ticket to the CS Team. 

Drops started working for me. I got the last 3 drops delivered in game today  (Glowing Purple Mask, Total Makeover Kit and Character Outfit Select) Seems like there was issues with drops but they fixed it now, but since I didnt get the first drops and you can only claim them once on Twitch I will contact support for them now.

4 hours ago, flowjah.1820 said:

Drops started working for me. I got the last 3 drops delivered in game today  (Glowing Purple Mask, Total Makeover Kit and Character Outfit Select) Seems like there was issues with drops but they fixed it now, but since I didnt get the first drops and you can only claim them once on Twitch I will contact support for them now.

I just got the missing items in game after contacting support!