My Usual Feedback About Class/Build Performance In The Current Meta 8/25/2022

On 8/26/2022 at 4:52 PM, Arheundel.6451 said:

When played semi decently an average ranger will have no troubles against average of everything else....except Thief with its stealth/teleport - Elementalist with projectile hate and condi output....on a side note, anything with teleport and CC will trouble average ranger, Willbender lacks that instant CC....while untamed...it's not super amazing but when played well can create troubles to certain specs, add the anti projectile set up of untamed and the CC utility.

Ranger counters all things Thief.

Ele is mainly what gives Ranger problems, and Mes gives condi variants a problem.

On 8/26/2022 at 4:52 PM, Arheundel.6451 said:

Take all this into consideration and you describe any "balance" thread started by a ranger

lol

Here is a challenge for you:

Create your own summary overview of every specialization's current performance and post it here in this thread.

On 8/26/2022 at 4:53 PM, Arheundel.6451 said:

Average ranger can 1200/outsustain an average herald sword/sword + staff so......it will be deemed "balanced"

Here is how it actually works:

1. Good Herald will ultimately out-kite a good Core Ranger LB/GS and eventually win. The Ranger doesn't have enough ranged power or any teleport to chase the Herald when it starts LOSing to secure any kill. The Herald can monkey around forever until the Ranger makes 1 mistake and opens himself to get killed.
  2. Good Herald will kill good LB/GS or any power variant Druid.
  3. Good Herald counters good LB/GS Sic Em Soulbeast.
  4. Good Herald gets crunched by good Untamed LB/GS. This is because of teleport chase on Untamed.
  5. Herald in general is hard countered by any conditions so any Ranger Condi variant should counter Herald unless the Herald is able to seriously outplay the Ranger.

I say Herald is balanced not from solely a Ranger standpoint, but because of what I see happening meta-wide:

1. Bladesworn - Not sure if it's good at securing kill on Herald but good BS doesn't die to Herald.
  2. Willbender - Pretty equal footing vs. Herald.
  3. Herald vs. other Revs - Herald is just better at this point. Maybe Condi Rev variants could kill it.
  4. Mechanist - Rifle Mech actually has KO potential vs. Herald. Good Bunker Mechs will kill Good Herald in time if the Herald messes around and doesn't leave.
  5. Thieves - Herald gets trashed by Thieves 1v1.
  6. Harbinger - Good Hamburger beats good Herald cause you know, lots of CC & condi.
  7. Mesmers - Pretty sure good Mesmers don't die to good Heralds unless the Mesmer is getting +d on. Condi application from clone spam alone while the Herald has to be aggressive and chase an invuln/evade/block/stealth machine, would be enough to put the Herald down in due time from random attrition damage it can't avoid. To survive, the Herald would need to disengage away from the clone spam, which alleviates pressure from the Mesmer, allowing the Mesmer way too much ability to recycle/refresh cool-downs.
  8. Eles - Although Herald can put a hurting on low damage specs like Tempest Support, Herald generally dies in 1v1s vs. more 1v1 oriented specs like Fire Weaver or Cata for obvious reasons, which is why Ele is the favored side node.

The only thing Herald is good at right now is bullying most non-EOD specs, and even then, some non-EOD specs still counter Herald. EOD specs in general are very strong vs. Herald. If anything, the only thing really "strong" about Herald right now is the offensive boon generation it gives to its party. If you want to argue that Herald's offensive boon generation is OP, there is a discussion in that. But if you are arguing from the standpoint of Herald's strengths vs. other classes in direct combat, Herald is simply balanced for the first time since HoT release.

And that should mean a lot coming from me. I hate that **** class, have for years.

On 8/26/2022 at 4:56 PM, Arheundel.6451 said:

The reality of GW2 is that you can read any "balance list" and correctly assume the main class played by who started the thread...without even knowing him/her

Feel free to post an actual statement summary of class performance vs. my own.

Go on, let's see it.

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 5

Without trying to get too much into fine detail balancing of specific builds/specs. Lately all I play is relatively niche/bad builds (stuff like core condi war lol) cause I'm bored, but some of the most noticeable things I see:

There's so, so much condi cleanse flying that it makes any build without massive cover application really struggle. The same applies to projectile hate, mobility, sustain, whatever particular aspect of PvP you'd like to point at.

Powercreep like this hurts everything else so much more than it hurts meta builds and just further pushes them out to where they can't even be niche cheese picks. It's not particularly fun when every single match has like 3 specs between both teams combined.

Other than general excessive power creep...

Catalyst forces decaps in 1v1s and is very strong against melee. The strength against ranged I think is buoyed by the conjured earth shield. Needs toned down.
Tempest Sharing Shocking Aura is the big problem here, and is even worse when they're stacked. It works as both defense and offense. Shocking Aura needs a nerf - at least the shared version.
Bladesworn Just not fun to play against. It's very strong in small fights (1v1 or 2v2) and near unkillable. But at the same time, it gets rolled by focus fire in larger fights.
Herald Ridiculous burst with teleports and lots of evades/survival. It's behaving a lot like mesmer where it unloads a ton of burst, but unlike mesmer, it can keep itself alive between bursts much better, and is far stickier.
Spectre Not fun to play against. Attempts to burst you then just warps out and can go accost another node if it can't drop you in its burst.
Daredevil Similar annoyance to spectre, though lacks the burst.
Harbringer With the nerfs, it's not too bad. It has a burst window with the elite and in shroud with quickness, but that has counter-play by avoiding the burst windows. Shroud graphic needs more of a visual cue.
Mesmer (all kinds), Soulbeast, Untamed All of these are glass cannons where they burst, then try to stay alive. Some have frustrating moments, but playing against them enough makes them predictable. I wouldn't mind seeing some of the burst toned down in exchange for more interesting play overall.

Scrapper, Mechanist The rifle auto-attack builds have the same low skill floor like Dragonhunter did at the start. The build carries mediocre players to higher ratings than they would normally achieve based on their skill. But it's a one-trick pony and higher skill players can shut it down.

Edited by Exedore.6320
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

I love the 13x confused faces on the OP post with absolutely no posted statements to explain what is confusing or any sort of compare & contrast whatsoever. Such strong arguments vs. what I've said.

lol now they will confuse this, watch.

Just because I was the one that said it.

😕

On 8/29/2022 at 5:15 PM, Exedore.6320 said:

Other than general excessive power creep...

Catalyst forces decaps in 1v1s and is very strong against melee. The strength against ranged I think is buoyed by the conjured earth shield. Needs toned down.
Tempest Sharing Shocking Aura is the big problem here, and is even worse when they're stacked. It works as both defense and offense. Shocking Aura needs a nerf - at least the shared version.
Bladesworn Just not fun to play against. It's very strong in small fights (1v1 or 2v2) and near unkillable. But at the same time, it gets rolled by focus fire in larger fights.
Herald Ridiculous burst with teleports and lots of evades/survival. It's behaving a lot like mesmer where it unloads a ton of burst, but unlike mesmer, it can keep itself alive between bursts much better, and is far stickier.
Spectre Not fun to play against. Attempts to burst you then just warps out and can go accost another node if it can't drop you in its burst.
Daredevil Similar annoyance to spectre, though lacks the burst.
Harbringer With the nerfs, it's not too bad. It has a burst window with the elite and in shroud with quickness, but that has counter-play by avoiding the burst windows. Shroud graphic needs more of a visual cue.
Mesmer (all kinds), Soulbeast, Untamed All of these are glass cannons where they burst, then try to stay alive. Some have frustrating moments, but playing against them enough makes them predictable. I wouldn't mind seeing some of the burst toned down in exchange for more interesting play overall.

Scrapper, Mechanist The rifle auto-attack builds have the same low skill floor like Dragonhunter did at the start. The build carries mediocre players to higher ratings than they would normally achieve based on their skill. But it's a one-trick pony and higher skill players can shut it down.

I don't see the problem here. Or why is anyone complaining really. It's a good thing that there's more than one spec/class that's good right now. Variety right now is so good compared to other metas when it was mainly dominated by one spec/class. 

Edited by Jeyy.5028
  • Like 1