Untamed Hammer idea. (with high quality paint pictures!)

Beddo.1907

Since Untamed hammer is not good enough for anything, I've decided to rework it out of boredom.
The changes are focused on hammer changes, without any other major espec changes.

Alt skill set mechanic:
- Gone. Reduced to data.
I've said it a few times, Unleash shouldn't have 3 skill swap mechanics and a few smaller mechanics tied to the state button. Ambush skills, Pet unleashed skills and Hammer unleashed skills bundled together cause way too much clutter, making them harder to use separately and disturbs the flow of combat.

Skills:
>1
- The AA chain will progress without targets hit. 
- 3rd attack will also have two damage instances and twice the cast of the other swings. First instance will be an 130 radius area from the impact point(black circle) which does 465(1.2) damage. Second instance is in the area marked by the green color, dealing 250(0.5) damage and applying 1s weakness+vulnerability(2 stacks). Both instances can hit up to 5 targets.
- Ambush version Damage reduced to (5x): 1,100(2.2), but breaks projectiles in your attack radius.
>2
- Damage improved to: 605(2.0).
- Gives 1 stack of self stab for 1s.
- Removes 1 movement impeding condition.
>3
Follow up strike will also apply 300(0.25)+100(0.1)(per target) barrier depending on number of targets hit to your pet and 5 ally targets. 
>4
- Damage Increase vs. Disabled Foes: 20%
- Each wave removes 1 boon.
>5
- Ground targeted.
- Cooldown reduced by 5s if a target was stunned. 

Skill 1: https://i.imgur.com/6ZKZFy4.png
Skill 2-4: https://i.imgur.com/50vYs0A.png

I personally use Hammer mostly because the attack chains are so flued when you get the hang of it.
The Ambush skill is a lot of fun since it has a massive AoE circle.

A few tips:

• Very good damage if you Ambush off-cooldown (15 second) with the hammer
  • Use the default 3 and 5 weapons skills as the opener then Unleashed 1, 2, 4 after Ambush
  • Use the Markman tree and predictor onslaught so your DPS is more consistent and less reliant on set rotations like with Greatsword or Longbow
  • Use two hammers so you can maintain fury on yourself without relying on outside boons when soloing.

Edit: more coherent advice

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

I personally use Hammer mostly because the attack chains are so flued when you get the hang of it.
The Ambush skill is a lot of fun since it has a massive AoE circle. If you time it correctly to match the 10 second cooldown on Ambush its pretty good DPS.

I end up using two hammers as well so I can maintain fury on myself without relying on outside boons when soloing.

Unleashed Ambush is on a 15 second cooldown. Just saying.

• Like 1

I'm actually quite happy with hammer from a PvP perspective. On paper, greatsword can offer a bit more defense due to higher mobility and block, but also having a burst skill. 

However, the ability to have big cleave abilities, on demand CC (with unleashed swap) and quite hard hitting burst abilities, I'm quite happy as it is

• Like 1
  • Haha 2