Fervent Force trait is broken.

Antycypator.9874

4 hours ago, RainbowTurtle.3542 said:

Yeah on paper untamed is great

That never happened to me. Just on the preview I could see a lot of glaring issues which I pointed out.

and then when the spec came out I could see I sadly was in the right. Same as when I pointed out about the Druid that an spec which every single skill only heal it would be problematic and very unidimensional. 

7 hours ago, Sirius.4510 said:

Yeah, you do have to go looking for non-meta stuff. Power hammer untamed looks like it isn't bad but it's about 1-2k dps less for a much harder rotation; the video I found on YouTube manages 34.8k, and the player in question had to turn off autoattacks to get there (and is by no means a noob, I've seen them in the leaderboards on Wingman quite a bit).

Meanwhile I've hit 35.5k on greatsword soulbeast, and Umbra has a 36.4k video... and that doesn't require even close to a 100 APM rotation to do it...

Everything you said is very true.

But the main reason I use Power Untamed over Power Soulbeast is due to its survivability. I always struggled to stay alive with Soulbeast in solo and instanced content with small pug teams. It does great with 10 people to keep you booned and healed but your rotation goes down the toilet when a feather can kill you.

I mean I remember farming Silver Wastes and getting these amazing DPS numbers but as soon as anything hit interrupted me, bye bye 30k DPS. I don't suffer that problem on Untamed since every stun triggers Enhancing Impact (stability).

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Like 1

@Mell.4873 what traits are you using for your frost trap/guard/Spirit of Nature build? And rotation? Also, how does being in the Unleashed Ranger state improve Frost Trap's damage? And does the Lesser Muddy Terrain created by Child of Earth when using a healing skill also trigger Fervent Force? And would Nature's Vengeance combo well with spamming the Spirit of Nature elite? For story and open world.

Edited by Valfar.3761

3 hours ago, Valfar.3761 said:

@Mell.4873 what traits are you using for your frost trap/guard/Spirit of Nature build? And rotation? Also, how does being in the Unleashed Ranger state improve Frost Trap's damage? And does the Lesser Muddy Terrain created by Child of Earth when using a healing skill also trigger Fervent Force? And would Nature's Vengeance combo well with spamming the Spirit of Nature elite? For story and open world.

Okay I will have a stab at this:

1. Its just Hammer and Exploding spores (or Storm Spirit) with Fervent Force. The rotation is just hit every damage skill like Frost Trap off cooldown while preforming the stun rotation. Pet-Unleash then Hammer 2, Hammer 5, Hammer 2, Exploding Spores, Repeat; Self-Unleash Frost Trap off-cooldown.
  2. Unleashing yourself improves all strike damage which does mean Frost Trap. If the logic holds true its when the trap is triggered and not when placing it.
  3. No Muddy Terrain does not trigger Fervent Force
  4. Nature's Vengeance does help but that traitline is about 5k DPS loss.
  • Like 1