Console port 2023?

Zoid.2568

3 hours ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

Why the hell are you quoting me? I merely responded to OP saying it was lazy - my point that you so badly missed is that, it is NOT lazy to do and that they're finally doing what everyone wanted in the first place. You can't have it both be what people want that was not possible for so long, and lazy at the same time. If it was lazy and easy they would have done it years ago.

Maybe stop being emotionally manipulated by your triggers and improve your reading comprehention.

Glass houses indeed "mate".

Also, you changed your post so now it doesn't make sense anyway.

Good troll, 10/10.

Let's try to not double talk here mate. 

1st I edited the post before you quoted it as the time stamp clearly shows unless ofcourse you think I can edit that too....LOL!!!

2nd I merely responded to your edgy take that you for whatever reason quoted me and tagged me in. I'm not sure what set off your rant. Now Regarding the developers I think they have done a fantastic job and I won't hear anything more about it!! Please back off the hate wheel, take a step back and chill out, the forums are for adults, let's keep it civil!

• Confused 2

• 1 year later...
On 9/7/2022 at 6:22 AM, Urud.4925 said:

You wanted to say "more and more MMORPGs are released for consoles and then ported to PC"? FF14, ESO among the 6 biggest ones have atrocious UI on PC (try to compare an item with what you currently equip in FF14, or to browse your inventory in ESO). Not to mention the limited RAM on consoles, that forces devs to create small maps with frequent loading screens (and invisible walls to avoid that you fall down because of the controls).

GW2 wouldn't be playable on console. You can "tweak" it for a controller on PC, but you cannot sell it as proper game for consoles, since you would have too many limitations without a mouse and keyboard (try to pick up an item from the inventory with a controller). I'm glad GW2 is released for PC only.

I don't see anything here that is set in stone / can't be done. Sure, it would be hard to do everything you can do with a mouse and keyboard on a controller, but not impossible. This mentality of "can't be done" is poison to progress. So many instances of "can't be done" were followed by others doing the very thing in question. Sure, there might need to be changes. Maybe there are loading screens, but anything you can't do is made possible by computer code. 

People pick up items in other games, like Diablo 4, from an inventory, with a controller. Invisible walls to avoid? Any non-rendered 3d polymesh made for collision detection is there because the game needs it (so you don't get stuck in rocks for example). That isn't unique to any specific platform. I mean if I have a well that you can fall down and can't get out of other than using a waypoint or /stuck, then you can fall it in as a PC player or console player.  Last of all glad that GW2 is only for PC? Why? Because YOU are a PC player? I am too, but I have a lot of friends on consoles, such as my son. Crossplay would be great. It would benefit far more people than the "PC ONLY WOOT" crowd. Any dev team should be happy to grow their player base. I doubt at this point it will ever be ported, but I don't think it is a benefit to anyone that it won't. 

Edited by Harvestr.6052
  • Sad 2

41 minutes ago, Harvestr.6052 said:

I don't see anything here that is set in stone / can't be done. Sure, it would be hard to do everything you can do with a mouse and keyboard on a controller, but not impossible. This mentality of "can't be done" is poison to progress. So many instances of "can't be done" were followed by others doing the very thing in question. Sure, there might need to be changes. Maybe there are loading screens, but anything you can't do is made possible by computer code. 

People pick up items in other games, like Diablo 4, from an inventory, with a controller. Invisible walls to avoid? Any non-rendered 3d polymesh made for collision detection is there because the game needs it (so you don't get stuck in rocks for example). That isn't unique to any specific platform. I mean if I have a well that you can fall down and can't get out of other than using a waypoint or /stuck, then you can fall it in as a PC player or console player.  Last of all glad that GW2 is only for PC? Why? Because YOU are a PC player? I am too, but I have a lot of friends on consoles, such as my son. Crossplay would be great. It would benefit far more people than the "PC ONLY WOOT" crowd. Any dev team should be happy to grow their player base. I doubt at this point it will ever be ported, but I don't think it is a benefit to anyone that it won't. 

Holy necro batman.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1