Which profession for dots and hots?

Gondie.5201

Hybrid healer/dps builds work well as secondary healers and I'd say the best ones for this purpose are necromancer (scourge) and thief (specter). In raids and other endgame activities primary healer's main role is to keep buffs up and secondary role is to heal. Guardian, elementalist and also ranger (druid) work well as more pure healer/support role.

Personally I love the scourge since it can do decent damage while giving lots of barrier, some regen, very fast ressing and might to your group. Thief's specter healer support spec is also easy to work with switching between more healing or dps depending on the need, especially when using celestial (all stats) gear.

You can find common builds for different roles at the MetaBattle wiki page: https://metabattle.com/wiki/MetaBattle_Wiki

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Gondie.5201 said:

That is nice that all classes have a bit of each, I was mainly looking if any class/profession specializes into dots or hots specifically.

I did take a look at druid and it looks pretty neat.

That's one of the features with GW2, you can successfully run a condi DPS or power DPS build on just about every profession and elite spec.  I would say that Scourge is probably the one that is the most biased towards one over the other, but there are power builds for it too.

And it is the same for healing builds, there is one out there for just about everyone.  There is even a heal build for warrior.  Clearly, most classes are better at healing than heal shout warrior, but it does exist.