Moa for Support Untamed

Mell.4873

I was having trouble with keeping my Spirits alive. It does seem like regen is just enough for the Utility Spirits topped up but not  the Spirit on Nature.
This is primary due to only heals targeting the spirits top them up so all the Ranger Healing Skills don't work even ones coming from other Spirits except Spirit of Nature itself.

The solution I found was to use the Moa since its a nice 6.5k heal, this isn't fool proof since without some healing power Spirit of Nature will eventually die but it does help a lot.

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

I was having trouble with keeping my Spirits alive. It does seem like regen is just enough for the Utility Spirits topped up but not  the Spirit on Nature.
This is primary due to only heals targeting the spirits top them up so all the Ranger Healing Skills don't work even ones coming from other Spirits except Spirit of Nature itself.

The solution I found was to use the Moa since its a nice 6.5k heal, this isn't fool proof since without some healing power Spirit of Nature will eventually die but it does help a lot.

That screech has 240 range which means the moa has to be in the middle of the spirits. Seems easy enough if you use the wiki to think about this stuff, but it is kinda of difficult when you can't ask you pet to go to an specific place and stay there. 

I saw multiple posts like this, when you test this stuff i would recommend to do it in a real environment where you as player needs to keep moving so the pet keep dancing around. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, anduriell.6280 said:

That screech has 240 range which means the moa has to be in the middle of the spirits. Seems easy enough if you use the wiki to think about this stuff, but it is kinda of difficult when you can't ask you pet to go to an specific place and stay there. 

I saw multiple posts like this, when you test this stuff i would recommend to do it in a real environment where you as player needs to keep moving so the pet keep dancing around. 

You stack on spirit so I'm not to sure what you are saying? Have you played this game, supports are used for Raids/Strikes/Fractals where you stack.

The real environment like Open World?

21 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

You stack on spirit so I'm not to sure what you are saying? Have you played this game, supports are used for Raids/Strikes/Fractals where you stack.

The real environment like Open World?

They mean that it's hard to make pets stack on the exact spirits spot. You might have an easy job if the boss never moves and you can place spirits right where the pet stands for attacks, but on a boss that moves, the spirits will rarely be right on the boss hitbox. That makes healing with a 240r pet skill quite hard.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Beddo.1907 said:

They mean that it's hard to make pets stack on the exact spirits spot. You might have an easy job if the boss never moves and you can place spirits right where the pet stands for attacks, but on a boss that moves, the spirits will rarely be right on the boss hitbox. That makes healing with a 240r pet skill quite hard.

Oh I forgot to say you have the pets follow you on Guard stance. Its not fool proof but it does help if the boss does something you don't want your pet to die in.

1 hour ago, Mell.4873 said:

Oh I forgot to say you have the pets follow you on Guard stance. Its not fool proof but it does help if the boss does something you don't want your pet to die in.

Pets on guard usually stand in a random spot around you (about 50-250 units away) and instead of moving closer after you move they just slingshot into a different random spot. 
The rng is just too annoying to be consistent. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Beddo.1907 said:

Pets on guard usually stand in a random spot around you (about 50-250 units away) and instead of moving closer after you move they just slingshot into a different random spot. 
The rng is just too annoying to be consistent. 

Either way its just an option for keeping your spirits topped up.

My advice is just what I have been using, I guess I'm pretty good at controlling the pet.