Will that work?

Zbysier.3425

29 minutes ago, Zbysier.3425 said:

hello my fellow warrior brothers,

I am new to creating build, but I am wondering, if something like this would work for PvE?

thanks for all your comments.

For open world, there are better builds, but yes.

Can't say the same for instanced content, in that case, just use these builds:
https://snowcrows.com/builds?profession=Warrior&category=recommended

3 minutes ago, Zizekent.2398 said:

For open world, there are better builds, but yes.

Can't say the same for instanced content, in that case, just use these builds:
https://snowcrows.com/builds?profession=Warrior&category=recommended

thanks. I have not mentioned that is for core warrior. 

Well, the reason why I am asking about that build is that with axe/axe I am missing some gap closers. And with GS (despite I have it here) I find warrior 'heavy'/slow...

10 minutes ago, Zbysier.3425 said:

Well, the reason why I am asking about that build is that with axe/axe I am missing some gap closers. And with GS (despite I have it here) I find warrior 'heavy'/slow...

for pve anything can work really. gs on warrior is for mobility with 3+5. and for burst+ loading bers power with f1. hundred blades is decent for dmg on static enemies too. so, i dont know why u consider it slow. also based on the runes and weapons u certainly lack dmg. sword/axe are way better for dmg. and unfortunately with every warrior build u need discipline traitline until they make weapon swap and adrenaline on swap baseline

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, thaniretouni.4762 said:

gs on warrior is for mobility with 3+5. and for burst+ loading bers power with f1. hundred blades is decent for dmg on static enemies too. so, i dont know why u consider it slow

it is just my feeling :)

27 minutes ago, thaniretouni.4762 said:

sword/axe are way better for dmg

will try this one

28 minutes ago, thaniretouni.4762 said:

with every warrior build u need discipline traitline

ok, will amend this as well

1 hour ago, Zbysier.3425 said:

Then, this one, according to your build, it seems that you wanna give some use of bleeding on power warrior, so, this could work good, not a fan of theorycraft and not sure if it's good enough for dps, but it's the best i could've made:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKwAweFlJwoYHsJWJOuKqpKA-zRRYBRHXGbQmlRFVQHpgnfkxYPkTSHJxgmKuQwSfqRA-e

You get a lot of bleeding from crits, as extra damage for your power build 100% crit chance (with GS F1 fury generation).

Edited by Zizekent.2398
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Zizekent.2398 said:

Then, this one, according to your build, it seems that you wanna give some use of bleeding on power warrior, so, this could work good, not a fan of theorycraft and if it's good enough for dps, but it's the best i could've made:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKwAweFlJwoYHsJWJOuKqpKA-zRRYBRHXGbQmlRFVQHpgnfkxYPkTSHJxgmKuQwSfqRA-e

You get a lot of bleeding from crits, as extra damage for your power build 100% crit chance (with GS F1 fury generation).

1) Everything works in OW PvE.
2) You don't need Discipline in OW PvE, it just has lots of convenient QOL traits in it, like movement speed increases, shorter weapon swap, shorter Burst CDs, none of which is really needed in OW PvE.
3) OH Axe is better for damage, though OH Mace is good for breakbars. Axe/Mace would be a better choice over sword/mace. If you think you are too slow then get some rune of speed and some swiftness. There is enough quickness now on warrior that you shouldn't ever feel like you are attacking slow either.
4) Stick with MH Axe or GS for power DPS, MH sword of LB for condi DPS. Hammer would still be fine to take. Warhorn is very useful (see Runes of speed above).
5) I'll reiterate that everything works in OW. Just find what you enjoy and start tweaking it to make it play better. For instanced PvE you're going to want specific builds though.

• Like 1