When do outfits rotate in the gem shop?

Chie.3061

I recently started playing gw2 through steam and I noticed not all the outfits are available in the gem shop. I tried searching online for answers but i'm still unsure because many answers were multiple years old and somewhat inconsistent. (some people said it's completely random while others said it was seasonal etc. But overall the answers all seemed to suggest I could be waiting months at a time for an outfit to show up). I've been loving the game but I don't know if I could wait months at a time for an outfit I like to maybe show up. 

If somebody could help me understand if there are and how the outfit rotations in the gem shop work I would be very grateful. 

Some items are seasonal. For example there's Halloween and Wintersday themed outfits which will always come back during those festivals, but may also be available at other times of the year. Others aren't seasonal and so can come and go at any time.

There's no overall schedule and no way to know exactly when a particular outfit will next be available. I think they do that deliberately because it gives players and incentive to log in regularly and check the gem store frequently to see what's available. Yes it will lose some sales because people lose interest or forget by the time an item is available again, but apparently overall it works out well (it's a standard marketing practice), especially since just getting people to log in can benefit the game and Anet.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1