Acrobatics rework predictions!

zch.3127

It's obvious that many thief players feel the Acrobatics trait line is in dire need of some attention. As of the most recent patch it seems to be on the balance team's radar as well, and we've seen tweaks to a couple of overtuned autocast traits. I expect more good news is on the way; changes which will, I hope, help evolve Acrobatics from its current niche of "like Daredevil, sorta", into a distinctive, coherent, and compelling specialization that will redefine how we look at Thief.

With that in mind, here are some of the changes I think we'll see in the coming months or years:

• Swindler's Equilibrium: Replaced with "Sword skills recharge faster." Steal recharge when evading is moved to adept minor in Trickery.
  • Endless Stamina: Concentration bonus removed. Replaced with "Gain 2 seconds of Swiftness when you gain Vigor."
  • Hard to Catch: Endurance gain reduced to 4.

What are your predictions?

• Sad 1

I expect they won't even do one, despite how much it may be needed. But honestly if they did do a rework of acro I'd imagine they would have the same guy work on it that did the rework of the 300s traits in the last patch, in other words they have someone who has no clue about the class rework bad traits into new equally bad traits and call it a day, nothing lost, nothing gained but Anet can wash their hands and say they did something.

Yes 10 years of this kind of 'balance' has left me jaded.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

56 minutes ago, Nomad.4301 said:

I expect they won't even do one, despite how much it may be needed. But honestly if they did do a rework of acro I'd imagine they would have the same guy work on it that did the rework of the 300s traits in the last patch, in other words they have someone who has no clue about the class rework bad traits into new equally bad traits and call it a day, nothing lost, nothing gained but Anet can wash their hands and say they did something.

Yes 10 years of this kind of 'balance' has left me jaded.

Thief always gets shafted. Whats new? 

• Sad 1

I am of the opinion that until elite specs on thief can’t make use of the extra initiative from Trickery, there will be no need to rework Acrobatics because, 99/100 times, you’re going to be taking any other trait line, Trickery, and your elite spec. If Trickery, or at least the extra initiative from it, stopped being available to the elites, it could encourage thieves to branch out into other trees, and then we can see what Acrobatics is really missing… apart from, of course, being a worse Daredevil line.

I’ve been interested in seeing signets move to Acrobatics, but that one single thing wouldn’t make it playable.

13 hours ago, Noko Anon.9154 said:

I am of the opinion that until elite specs on thief can’t make use of the extra initiative from Trickery, there will be no need to rework Acrobatics because, 99/100 times, you’re going to be taking any other trait line, Trickery, and your elite spec. If Trickery, or at least the extra initiative from it, stopped being available to the elites, it could encourage thieves to branch out into other trees, and then we can see what Acrobatics is really missing [...]

It'd make my day tbh. Trickery is a deadweight for this sole reason imho. And Init costs are so high than playing with 12 points is a immediate no no for me.

• Like 1

I think the "reworks"/disemboweling order will be trickery, CS, kitten and that should pretty much end all speculation as to why nobody plays thief anymore. We already mourned the death of mug, pulmonary impact, pistol whip and I'm sure I missed a few others, from being able to crit. The untimely demise of traps, venom share, ricochet. They will forever be young. Yes, I'm sure this is only the beginning the normal trend now.

Josh Davis: Let's boost Soul beast and, ummmm, let's see here. And for thief... Yep we'll "rework" this to give vigor.

Double Tap: Yaaaa isn't that great guys!!