Bladesworn Build

Providence.7185

What build works best for Bladesworn in pve - especially open world? Is the spec solid in this content? It looks fun.

Most seem to suggest Cavalier gear with Arms, Strength and Bladesworn traits. For example, Nike! has such a build.

Lord Hizen went with Assassin gear using Strength, Defense (in part for Condi cleanse) and Bladesworn. He stated that with Bladesworn and Defense healing toughness was not necessary.

Both went with strength runes and axe/pistol.

I did try Bladesworn in the PvP area against the NPCs and was underwhelmed. My focus bar filled up quite slowly relative to Youtube vids with much lower damage/healing. But my gear was subpar.

How would you suggest building a Bladesworn? Thanks.

Edited by Providence.7185

You'll have to answer a slew of questions before I can offer you a good build for what you want.

Are you wanting it for PvE, sPvP or WvW?

Are you playing alone?

Do you plan on soloing champions or legendaries?

What skills do you want to use?

What weapons do you want to use?

Do you care more about survival or damage?

My play is PVE. In GW2 I have yet to play any instanced content as I am gearing a few classes. Played OW including metas so far.

I do play alone. In OW usually other people are around. On occasion not.

I have only soloed a few champs on core maps while leveling. No idea if I can in expansion content. It is something I have done in other MMO's.

Weapon choice is best tool for the job. I have played both ranged and melee. Looks to me like Bladesworn is melee.

Survival over damage - hate downstate. Unless the dps is so poor that it induces downstate.

My understanding is that Bladesworn is a dps class in instanced content so my need a second gear set eventually unless one will suffice.

Thanks for your help.

48 minutes ago, Providence.7185 said:

My play is PVE. In GW2 I have yet to play any instanced content as I am gearing a few classes. Played OW including metas so far.

I have only soloed a few champs on core maps while leveling. No idea if I can in expansion content. It is something I have done in other MMO's.

Weapon choice is best tool for the job. I have played both ranged and melee. Looks to me like Bladesworn is melee.

Survival over damage - hate downstate. Unless the dps is so poor that it induces downstate.

My understanding is that Bladesworn is a dps class in instanced content so my need a second gear set eventually unless one will suffice.

Thanks for your help.

If you're looking for soloability and survival, and you're already aware of the Hizen builds, then that's where you should go. Just keep in mind that Hizen also has a fundamental understanding of the game that is higher than most, and knows exactly when to dodge and perform moves. His regular content is literally solving tougher content with different classes.

• 5 months later...
On 10/6/2022 at 6:25 PM, Providence.7185 said:

Thanks for your help.

Super necro post, but I'll consider it a gift for anybody else trying to make the decision.

The damage from a Cavalier Bladesworn is more than sufficient for anything you have to do.  The Dragon Slash is powerful enough that even without DPS gear it still hits like a truck.  Remember, Cavalier gear comes with Ferocity, and Arms gives you the "Dragon Slash always Crits" trait.  The entire build is based on getting full charged Dragon Slash as often as possible to absolutely annihilate health bars.

While yes, the Assassin Build hits harder, the basic invulnerability that full Cavalier gives you makes PvE content a much more relaxing experience if you're not as skilled as LordHizen is.  I have a Deadeye that does way more damage, but the Bladesworn is infinitely more enjoyable because I'm not made of tissue paper.  The combination of Heavy Armor and Toughness makes you able to stand toe-to-toe with even the strongest of foes with the presence of the Hero of Tyria.

Edited by LuminoZero.5193