Unique Weapon's should be unlocked for the entire Class

Mell.4873

2 minutes ago, Jski.6180 said:

That the point of running the elite spec over the core. Core classes dont get any thing most of the time by giving them there elite spec wepon you would give them something new that may not work well but it would still be something new.

This is not for balancing this is for keeping the core class relevant even if its just an wepon rack class.

But it will affect balancing.

As I listed, there are some classes which can use all of the effects of their elite spec weapons, since they are unrelated to the elite spec mechanic.

So basically some classes are getting something new that doesn't work well, but other classes get something new that also works well because they can use it to it's full potential.

It doesn't seem like a fair approach for all classes. Such a system will benefit some classes more than others.

• Like 2

Just now, Kodama.6453 said:

But it will affect balancing.

As I listed, there are some classes which can use all of the effects of their elite spec weapons, since they are unrelated to the elite spec mechanic.

So basically some classes are getting something new that doesn't work well, but other classes get something new that also works well because they can use it to it's full potential.

It doesn't seem like a fair approach for all classes. Such a system will benefit some classes more than others.

I do not think it would brake any of the core classes (maybe gurd as its one of the only true viable core class but i am not sure if axe bow or off hand sword would brake it).

Elite spec machanic are for elite spec but there weapons base effects should be something usable for the core classes. You would simply not have though added machanic.

The current set up of core vs elite spec is very un-fair approach. At least this would give them something new.

What is your main core class of consensus that your talking about? There is no core class that would use an elite spec wepon better then simply running that elite spec. Its not like we are removing the ability to use that elite spec. from the game.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, Ken Yuudachi.9807 said:

Imagine a thief in WvW with a 1200 distance ranged rifle, 20k shroud, 5 teleporting utility skills.

??? The rifle alone would be very hard to aim with Death's Retreat, unless I'm not understanding you.

7 hours ago, Kodama.6453 said:

Problem is that the elite spec weapons are not designed fairly to make this happen. Because some of the weapons require the elite spec mechanic to unlock part of their power.

I think that the point, they would be a lot worse if you used them on other elite specializations. It would just provide other options, to pair with their main weapon. Necromancer could make use of Scepter + Pistol main hand on Scourge for a Torment Ranged build.