What Build is This? (WvW)

Gotejjeken.1267

Came across a thief that had mad stealth, but build is unlike any I've seen.  Like, I've seen stealth but not while jumping in the air (usually see dagger combo with black powder)--and they had a ton of cleanse as well:

I get some of it was stealing off the Gryphon's, but how do you build steal to go that low? Improvisation + something in Trickery to reduce steal CD?

Edited by Gotejjeken.1267

4 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Came across a thief that had mad stealth, but build is unlike any I've seen.  Like, I've seen stealth but not while jumping in the air (usually see dagger combo with black powder)--and they had a ton of cleanse as well:

I get some of it was stealing off the Gryphon's, but how do you build steal to go that low? Improvisation + something in Trickery to reduce steal CD?

In the camp: Shadow Refuge first > He then waited until reveal debuff was off and then used Blinding Power utility which also gave him 1s stability

Out of the camp near the griffons: He (super speed SA minor trait)ran and shortbow 5 to the griffons and used CnD

near eagle raptors: He shadow steps to eagle raptor> Uses Cloak and Dagger to gain stealth, (while in stealth he probably stole from the eagle raptor and gained blinding tufts.. luckily) and shadow returns as he was getting rapid fired by you and uses the 1st stack of blinding tufts

While near your ally: He uses the 2nd stack of blinding tufts (because of improvisation in D.A line)> and then everything after is just a combination of CnD and Blinding Powder. Keep in mind he still had a shadow refuge to use as well.

Doesn’t look like he was in any real danger when he got out of the camp, because of his stealth which gave him SuperSpeed from the Shadow arts line, and probably took cleansing conditions swap sigil on both weapons and shadow embrace SA trait too, probably energy sigil too. You guys didn’t put much pressure on him and you didn’t, as a ranger, use your Sic’em reveal debuff 

Both of you guys were (never) in control of that fight when he left camp. There was no real pressure on him and it seems as though you and him were just zerglings that don’t roam much. (Which is totally fine by the way) But there was no point in that fight out of the camp you were in control.

Edited by AikijinX.6258

No. He didn't equip the Elite specialization, the Daredevil; thus, he was a Core thief. As I noticed his playstyle, he was wielding pistol in main hand, dagger in off hand and the shortbow as the secondary weapon. It was possible that he equipped Trickery, Shadow Arts  and Deadly Arts. Certainly, he was a condi thief.

6 hours ago, AikijinX.6258 said:

In the camp: Shadow Refuge first > He then waited until reveal debuff was off and then used Blinding Power utility which also gave him 1s stability

Out of the camp near the griffons: He (super speed SA minor trait)ran and shortbow 5 to the griffons and used CnD

near eagle raptors: He shadow steps to eagle raptor> Uses Cloak and Dagger to gain stealth, (while in stealth he probably stole from the eagle raptor and gained blinding tufts.. luckily) and shadow returns as he was getting rapid fired by you and uses the 1st stack of blinding tufts

While near your ally: He uses the 2nd stack of blinding tufts (because of improvisation in D.A line)> and then everything after is just a combination of CnD and Blinding Powder. Keep in mind he still had a shadow refuge to use as well.

Doesn’t look like he was in any real danger when he got out of the camp, because of his stealth which gave him SuperSpeed from the Shadow arts line, and probably took cleansing conditions swap sigil on both weapons and shadow embrace SA trait too, probably energy sigil too. You guys didn’t put much pressure on him and you didn’t, as a ranger, use your Sic’em reveal debuff 

Both of you guys were (never) in control of that fight when he left camp. There was no real pressure on him and it seems as though you and him were just zerglings that don’t roam much. (Which is totally fine by the way) But there was no point in that fight out of the camp you were in control.

Yeah, outside the camp I was more concerned with getting footage of it (at a lot of points I'm typing lol), as it was clear after escaping my condi bomb twice in the camp there was no way to defeat them on my immob druid. 

As for roaming, it's practically all I do--just in recent times been more used to sPvP thieves actually building to hold or decap and not troll WvW ones running through the open fields lol.

Thanks for the breakdown.

Also will look into this, thanks:

6 hours ago, Bern.9613 said:

This is probably really close

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PawAoiVlFw2YisOGJO2OqrTA-zVIYb0xXKFUApECZGB1mAuPLFpGBA-w

Maybe swap out roll for initiative for infiltrator's signet.

Edited by Gotejjeken.1267
  • Like 1