How to enjoy WvW as a pug?

Labjax.2465

Mate, WvWvW is about interacting somehow with 70 people on the map, if you want to solo, try sPVP, if you insist playing WvWvW don't want to join Zerg but had enough dying against 1vX, play hard to catch classes, like Thief, Willbender, Engineer and most important of all speed runes, probably you can't kill anything anyway but you will not die that often.

• Like 1

On 10/14/2022 at 11:00 PM, Labjax.2465 said:

Am I missing something or is this just a mode where you really need to join a WvW guild / discord to get into it consistently?

I know I'm asking a somewhat subjective question here, but I figure maybe there's more to the mode I'm not considering.

You're not really asking a subjective question, rather, you're asking a question that you already know the answer to.

Yes, in order to get into anything deeper or more consistently you would naturally interact with the resources available in that environment. You can race on a Raptor but eventually you will want a Beetle if racing is to be your thing. Why? More people use that tool. You can lead meta events with a mentor tag, but if leading events is your thing you will eventually want a commander tag and so on. Why? That gives you better tools to do the same thing with.

If you want to interact more with your server-community it is only natural to join the server's discord as that is what everyone else who has the same interest has done. The question isn't really what is "needed" but rather what helps you on your journey. It's not so much of needing a guild or a discord as it is to befriend and cooperate with other players. Guilds and discords are just tools and containers to help you with that. You can join something but also make something. Make friends, make a guild, make a discord. That's how those things first got made, other players like you made them.

Edited by subversiontwo.7501
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1