Steam - Not discounting already owned items in the library

So I tried GW2 free to play, really enjoyed the game, and thought, let me try the first expansion before I buy the complete bundle just to be sure I'm invested and want to continue playing. I bought the first expansion and continued playing.

NOW, I wanted to buy the complete collection that included End of Dragons and Living word, but I can't do that as Steam decided I could only buy it as a gift for someone else. Like all other games, they normally discount what you already have in your library, and you pay the balance to upgrade to the full bundle. This is not the case here. I'm just locked out of buying the complete collection.

With all other purchases I've made over the years, you can still buy a collection bundle, but items in that bundle that's already in your library just get discounted. 

Will this be fixed, or are you deliberately not allowing us this?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jakes.2706 said:

So in my Steam, store I can pay in my local currency ZAR. Would have been a great deal for me, but yes I do know I can buy it with Gems, if that's my only option at the end of the day I guess thats all I can do. Love the game and want to play. 🙂

You do know you can buy gems with steam wallet currency right?

You cant buy anything on anet site and merge it with steam all have to be bought through steam when you started it there.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jakes.2706 said:

So in my Steam, store I can pay in my local currency ZAR. Would have been a great deal for me, but yes I do know I can buy it with Gems, if that's my only option at the end of the day I guess thats all I can do. Love the game and want to play. 🙂

Have you tried to contact Steam Support, as this is an issue with how Steam have set up how Steam's web shop work for GW2?

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, Jakes.2706 said:

Hey, I did try  to request refund for the expantion explaining that I would like to buy the complete bundle, they basically just told me sorry to much game time. So yes, will see if I can get hold fo Steam.

And why dont you buy Eod basic and the living storys from the gemstore through steam?

Edited by Linken.6345

4 hours ago, Jakes.2706 said:

Hey, I did try  to request refund for the expantion explaining that I would like to buy the complete bundle, they basically just told me sorry to much game time. So yes, will see if I can get hold fo Steam.

From the Knowledge Base:  For issues pertaining to account management, access and game, gem, or other purchases made through the Steam store or Steam wallet, please contact Steam support for assistance.

Not sure why the ArenaNet CS Team didn't direct you to Steam Support.  Though, if it has been more than 30 days since your purchase, you may get the same answer. 

On 10/16/2022 at 6:06 PM, Jakes.2706 said:

So I tried GW2 free to play, really enjoyed the game, and thought, let me try the first expansion before I buy the complete bundle just to be sure I'm invested and want to continue playing. I bought the first expansion and continued playing.

NOW, I wanted to buy the complete collection that included End of Dragons and Living word, but I can't do that as Steam decided I could only buy it as a gift for someone else. Like all other games, they normally discount what you already have in your library, and you pay the balance to upgrade to the full bundle. This is not the case here. I'm just locked out of buying the complete collection.

With all other purchases I've made over the years, you can still buy a collection bundle, but items in that bundle that's already in your library just get discounted. 

Will this be fixed, or are you deliberately not allowing us this?

Consider talking to Steam Support about this issue. Anet don't really have much control over how the Steam Store operates and how their sales work. Put a support ticket in with Steam and ask them and see how that goes.