Global Warming

freakcoco.4287

Almost a Deja Vu...

Years ago on BG, while fighting a Fort Aspenwood zerg, we had AC fire & canons on them (tagging them in combat) around that same Hills area. They stood there for a bit, then they all ran to that ledge spot... and suicide jumped off the cliff. And the game awarded us for the all the kills/defense (ppt). BUT...

They were actually intentionally all trying to get hit/tagged and forcing points onto our server (BG). As they were doing everything they could to not move up a tier, and forcing points onto their opponents. You could call it, a kind of fun "experimental reverse ppt strategy", never seen anyone do it quite like FA :D

14 minutes ago, hugeboss.5432 said:

Wow Xenesis! 😄 Utterly awesome! 😄 I see they been doing this for a while... lol

I was reading your post and it clicked in me, hey waitaminute that sounds oddly familiar, I didn't even remember which server it was, but yeah what a coincidence lol.

I also witnessed I think it was TC blob mass suiciding near that same area in a whole zerg fight vs bg and sos if I remember right during one of the tournaments, it was a major wtf moment.

Would be a funny poll. 'To you what is worse, Nightcappers or Matchthrowers?'. Film at 11.

Still remember a disagreement with another guild years ago. 'Hey we stayed up all week overnight to flip all the maps to us, isn't that great!'. Everyone else, 'Why would you play off hours to just push us to a tier where we don't have numbers for? Are you going to play this time slot all the time?'. Them: 'No, why do ask?'. SMH.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Would be a funny poll. 'To you what is worse, Nightcappers or Matchthrowers?'. Film at 11.

Still remember a disagreement with another guild years ago. 'Hey we stayed up all week overnight to flip all the maps to us, isn't that great!'. Everyone else, 'Why would you play off hours to just push us to a tier where we don't have numbers for? Are you going to play this time slot all the time?'. Them: 'No, why do ask?'. SMH.

On SoS we had a commander that use to ppt during pst time(he lived in san diego so he was just playing his time zone), so much so that the OCX complained to him about killing their "content" before they got to do the same thing. So glad skirmish mode became a thing and we didn't have to worry about night capping so much.

Match throwers... wellllll... wasn't as big of a deal back in the day since it took longer to move tiers with glicko or even stuck in same tier for a year. These days, yeah can be annoying I guess but who cares, winning and tiers mean nothing anymore, and pretty much only happens for avoiding t1.

Edited by Xenesis.6389

2 hours ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

I was reading your post and it clicked in me, hey waitaminute that sounds oddly familiar, I didn't even remember which server it was, but yeah what a coincidence lol.

I also witnessed I think it was TC blob mass suiciding near that same area in a whole zerg fight vs bg and sos if I remember right during one of the tournaments, it was a major wtf moment.

I thought that nobody would remember those days.. and that u actually had & found video footage is almost like a lightning strike during clear skies :D

A side note: When we defended against FA zerg, we had like 5 ppl... they still suicide jumped :D I think FA had the lead ppt score, and we were currently down in t2 for a change.