Catalyst hammer animations

SoulGuardian.6203

Am I the only one who noticed this?

Hammer 1 animations are all switched.

Fire 1 should be Earth 1.

Hits in a downward motion, pounding the ground.

Also the stone spikes would make more sense to create a fowards line rather than around player. 

Since you cannot hit foe from distance.

This skill is kinda redundant on earth 1.

Earth 1 should be Air 1.

The circular roundhouse motion indicates creating ciclones. Even though it fires electrical sparks projectiles. 

Hence, fire 1 animation would suit much better earth attunement. 

Air 1 should be fire 1

The motion represents you raising fire from the ground, instead of the current projectiles from the hammer.

Even on Air, it would make more sense to raise mini tornadoes rather than sparks.

Water is the only one that's about right.

This is just my own oppinion though.

It is in no way, shape, or form a critique.

Just a mere observation.

What do you think about this?

Do you think the animations should be changed around to match each attunement or you aren't really bothered about it?

How would you make hammer better?

Edited by SoulGuardian.6203
  • Like 7

I am always for more coherent and logical animations, that's why I agree with everything you are saying. Many times I find myself to avoid a weapon or some skills only because of a imho poor choice of animation, especially when they make no sense, like the Ranger's Longbow skill 2 machine-arrow-gun, it should be more like a 3 or 5 arrow fast volley directly in front of you, multishot obviously, that is still fantasy, but more verosimilar then... well, the actual pewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpew

(I know that this last part is slightly off-topic but I didn't want to open a new topic... Is there a topic for animation complaining and suggestions?)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

They just had to come up with the most generic hammer attacks possible and put some elemental effects over it... this is how the Catalyst dev definately designed it. Pure lack of imagination and a disapointment of what an Ele should be able to do with a hammer. Why they used the earth ring for hammer 1 you ask? Because that effect already existed and could be lazily recycled.

I like your ideas of changing the animations up, but if you ask me, I'd redesign every single ability.

Edited by Markus.6415
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2