The game is getting easier, and in my mind, it is ruining the game.

thebeast.9671

18 hours ago, Svarty.8019 said:

Raids aren't necessarily the alternative to easy gameplay. They are certainly not the amazing, exciting challenge that some people make them out to be. They're laborious and predictable routines that take considerable preparation. That doesn't look like a definition of fun in my book.

So if the alternative to easymode is only raids, then sign me up for the simpleton stuff.

I do two hours of raids twice a week. They're very easy gold and loot. Easy stuff. Half the cms are also dumb easy. 

Edited by Einsof.1457
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Hindenburg.3415 said:

Lies again.

LITERALLY EVERYONE did it with within already formed communities and groups.

No, YOU'RE lying over the fact that you used the word 'everyone' when that is a blalantly, gross oversimplication of how raid groups work. Yes, a lot of people prefer the pre-established comfort of people they know, but I know MANYYYYYY people that had pugged their way between Qadim and Dhuum, or simply took on the challenge of going through a training raid period with people before they finally got it. You really must be bold to claim this statement so confidently yet be so wrong in the same breath. If you are going to express the community accurately, at least actually know how raid people move before just typing anything out like you know how all of us work. 

18 hours ago, Svarty.8019 said:

Raids aren't necessarily the alternative to easy gameplay. They are certainly not the amazing, exciting challenge that some people make them out to be. They're laborious and predictable routines that take considerable preparation. That doesn't look like a definition of fun in my book.

So if the alternative to easymode is only raids, then sign me up for the simpleton stuff.

Then you get the situation where if something is too easy you get less rewards. And shall I go back to how many times the community fell into an outcry because certain types of content, while easy, didn't provide enough 'reward' for them to make it feel worth it? You can't have your cake and eat it too, because let's go along with the thoughtline that we have an easier mode. What happens when you literally can get rewards so easily to the point where people grow bored with them? What do you do then? What if you have easy content and then the people that requested it suddenly get bored? What do you do then? Then all those outcries, all those complaints, all those forums would have been worthless and now Anet has content that will only be run by either the group of new players or the group that feel like this game is too challenging. (When in reality it is very casual compared to any other mmo out there.) You just wasted resources because raids are 'laborious and predictable routines that take considerable preparation. So, now I ask you this: If raids is not the answer, then what is? What is the solution? A lot of people seem to protest against this sort of content, but then never have a good solution to replace raids. What is the solution to replacing raids? Because, technically, they already have strikes for that so what else can you do?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dreams.3128 said:

No, YOU'RE lying over the fact that you used the word 'everyone' when that is a blalantly, gross oversimplication of how raid groups work. Yes, a lot of people prefer the pre-established comfort of people they know, but I know MANYYYYYY people that had pugged their way between Qadim and Dhuum, or simply took on the challenge of going through a training raid period with people before they finally got it. You really must be bold to claim this statement so confidently yet be so wrong in the same breath. If you are going to express the community accurately, at least actually know how raid people move before just typing anything out like you know how all of us work. 

Please stop grasping at straws.

I just replied in the style of my opponent and acknowledged before that there obviously will be some exceptions.

Btw how many is 'MANYYYYYY" ? 2 ? 5? Maybe 50 ?

And no I don't believe that you actually know "many" people who "pugged"  those bosses in a way I was talking about.

It's just nonsense. 

Content like this very rarely being pugged in any game I played over the years.

• Confused 4