How to Bladesworn

Providence.7185

Recently decided to try out Bladesworn and a few questions came up after playing the spec a bit in the Crystal Desert.

- Why does Dragon slash - force miss certain enemy types in melee? Whenever I had sand lions or scarabs bunched in front of me and used Dragon Slash - force a number of "miss" would appear on screen. To be clear such misses did not happen with most mob types, just these two. After a while I figured out that Dragon Slash - boost one shot them, including vets. But until I made the switch it was easier to defeat hero points and groups of vets than trash sand lions/scarabs. Am I missing something? Is there a way to know in advance against which mobs DS - force will miss?

- Do you bother to use Dragon Trigger in meta/group events with other players around? I found that trash mobs would be defeated before getting the skill off. Only against vets and up was Dragon Trigger helpful with other players around.

Thanks

7 minutes ago, Providence.7185 said:

Recently decided to try out Bladesworn and a few questions came up after playing the spec a bit in the Crystal Desert.

- Why does Dragon slash - force miss certain enemy types in melee? Whenever I had sand lions or scarabs bunched in front of me and used Dragon Slash - force a number of "miss" would appear on screen. To be clear such misses did not happen with most mob types, just these two. After a while I figured out that Dragon Slash - boost one shot them, including vets. But until I made the switch it was easier to defeat hero points and groups of vets than trash sand lions/scarabs. Am I missing something? Is there a way to know in advance against which mobs DS - force will miss?

- Do you bother to use Dragon Trigger in meta/group events with other players around? I found that trash mobs would be defeated before getting the skill off. Only against vets and up was Dragon Trigger helpful with other players around.

Thanks

You are being blinded by the 2 mobs you specified. Both are infamous for creating blind fields. You can (and should) take the Grandmaster Trait in Bladesworn Unyielding Dragon to make your Dragon Slash always ignore blind. 

The Bladesworn Elite, Tactical Reload, makes Dragon Slash charge up significantly faster (and thus take less Flow to complete charging) if you want to pump out a Dragon Slash fast when fighting trash. 

Assuming you're using standard raid-like build bladesworn...

just shut off your brain, tag a badguy to get you into flowy state, then start to press all the keys in your utility including heal skill, except dragonspike mine, also fire off pistol 5.  

once all keys pressed, pistol 5 fired off, get into stance and dragondelete everything in openworld.  Dragonspike mine to reset, then press whatever utility keys are available, then get into stance and dragondelete a 2nd time. Look at arcdps and feel good about yourself.

Edited by CaffeeCup.5742
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

9 hours ago, Providence.7185 said:

Evasion frames. Some mobs have skills that give them evasion frames. That and Blind in the event that you do not have Unyielding Dragon traited will cause it to whiff. Boost has multiple parts of the attack that can hit, so you may be having success with it because the mob gets hit multiple times clearing the blind and letting some of the damage take.

9 hours ago, Providence.7185 said:

Thanks

General mobs die too fast for DT to be worth using unless you know where they are about to spawn and have it charging in advance.