sigil of absorption cooldown

eXruina.4956

i admit it is a powerful effect, but i feel 10s is way too long.

i've personally been using it on warrior specs, without access to boon strip as a counterplay to protection, this has become a viable solution specially since the buffing of hammer.

ever since protection became absurdly abundant, warrior specs, being power builds by design, outside of spellbreaker, have absolutely no solution and 0 counterplay against protection. this is specially evident when against high armor condition builds with high protection uptime.

watch helplessly as your attacks are reduced to 200+-500+ on crit.

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

Stealing 3 boons on 10 seconds cooldown is strong enough already, I don't think that it needs a buff to the cd.

i didn't say it wasn't strong, they were right, no cd was too strong, thieves and mesmers in particular could heavily abuse the old sigil fo absorption to absurd degrees.

but regardless it was a viable solution for warrior specs outside of spellbreaker to address high uptime protection, something they had no counterplay against.

i thought the balance philosophy was centered around interaction and counterplay? it was one of their justifications for the feb 2020 patch. yet such a glaring flaw has gone unaddressed since the introduction of absurd power creep in HoT to this day.

thats not counting everything else they did onesidedly.

22 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

If you are truly in need of more boon rip, just play spellbreaker.

the concept is probably lost on some people but not all warriors want to be locked into playing spellbreaker just to get by.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

Stealing 3 boons on 10 seconds cooldown is strong enough already.

i don't disagree that it is strong enough, specially if the using spec already had existing tools to supplement it.

but for combatting near permanent protection uptime, with no other tools besides this sigil, like in every warrior spec outside of spellbreaker, its a considerable loss.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

That sigil with no cd was the only thing holding spb afloat in wvw roaming. Even with it I couldn't boonrip most of the cele boon spammer builds, they just vomit so many boons. But I don't play wvw anymore so it doesn't bother me.

In spvp the boons are much less of a problem (and I think the CD there is 3 seconds for 1 boon; its unlikely you'll interrupt someone good more than that often anyway).

• Like 2

In all fairness anet either could 1 scrap all the boons together and try to figure out directly where each class suffers from its own individual traits and skills or 2  boost all boon removals for every single class 2 the point small groups could remove a entire zergs whole boon supply otherwise it won't just be a numbers game and whom has the longest standing protection and stability stacks while jumping loops through cooldowns. Since it appears boons themselves= skilled gameplay . which is on par as playing old-school RuneScape getting that max skill to 99 then boom you obtain a book with new spells that can be repeated and recycled like a endless soaked paper bag . If anet really wanted to boost those that have trouble with builds do something with the each of the traitline then weapons making sure to include runes and sigil's as well. Then reduce the duration of all boons to 2 seconds make the boons the skilled gameplay that they are warranted to be 😉But eh what do I know 🤷‍♂️.  If they specifically hollow out what traitlines should do perhaps  more good shall come in the future. Given anet though, the saying one can't teach an old dog new tricks applies on a regular basis 🤡  they may toss out breadcrumbs to make the populace drool but they are still holding onto the bread while we get the expired crusts festering with mold 😂

• Thanks 1

Yawn, boonspam fiesta.

Not only does abso lose it's potential from stacking CC sources in your build, but now with Enchantment Collapse ICD, chaining CC abilities is punished if you got CDs and quickness on you, aka FC into Earthshaker and FC will yield like half the boonrip potential it initially had and that was low already. Like you could strip an average of 15-20 boons if lucky, I can only see you stripping 10-15 now if we are being generous.

Overall, warrior is a niche role in wvw now outside of potent CC spam, which guess what, you can easily counter now since firebrand is not the only stab provider (a good thing overall, but it still makes for a stab focused gamemode).

Anyway, I play 2 hours per week now with my guild for an open field raid and it's disgustingly boring to clash in 25+ man content.

Just remove any warrior (if one existed) and replace with Rev, DH or a Reaper even. 

• Thanks 1