Lore-friendly character names

TheLadyOfTheRings.9148

Sylvari

Velkairen - My oldest character, guardian and dragonhunter, still one of my favourites

Sorenvari - My reaper, before discovering there is a NPC Sylvari called Renvari, still a proof that Sorenvari is actually a lore fitting name

Rovicante - Soulbeast, a little less lore fitting name maybe but somehow I think it works

Humans

Fredrik Lang - Deadeye, almost old as Velkairen, but I ended up disliking the surname I gave him, it kinda doesn't work for him, sound more canthan then the character actually is

Valerius Morne - Virtuoso, krytan-ish, while I'm not really good with mesmer, I like this character a lot

John Lockhart - Ranger, ascalonian; I'm not really into ranger and this doesn't fit well with ranger's elitè specs, but it does with core ranger more then I thought

Jace Blackward - Vindicator, presumibly ascalonian but he doesn't really know since it was a street rat left alone since it was young, his surname is made up

Thane Grenfield - Warrior that spaces a lot with elitè specs, noble and totally ascalonian

Levante Sparta - Weaver, krytan, he's a nice guy, the youngest of my account

Asura

Ennp - Mechanist, previously a scrapper, my gf found this name for me, it's hard as f*** find a stand-alone lore-fitting name for asuras, and I dislike profession related names for them (because they work well at beginning, but since you became savant, and commander after, it feels strange to hold the previous profession title in the name), but we managed to find not one, but two

Ferrq - Elementalist, not lvl 80 yet, this is the second stand-alone name I found after Ennp, it was a lucky day

I have 2 more humans with lore fitting names, but one is a bank-character and the other is next to be deleted, they are:

Mikoto Rei Zestria - Elementalist, half canthan, half krytan

Landon Mercury - Holosmith, ascalonian, I plan to delete this and rework it completely

• Like 1

On 2/6/2023 at 12:49 PM, Val.7826 said:

Sylvari

Velkairen - My oldest character, guardian and dragonhunter, still one of my favourites

Sorenvari - My reaper, before discovering there is a NPC Sylvari called Renvari, still a proof that Sorenvari is actually a lore fitting name

Rovicante - Soulbeast, a little less lore fitting name maybe but somehow I think it works

Your sylvari characters have really cool names! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I think most of my characters have lore friendly names (outside of my asura)
my characters are:
Charr: Ranok Fleshrender (Warrior)

Balam Ashenblood (Ranger)

Sylvari: Raina Admara (Ranger)

Ciara of Eire (Revenant)

Som Balaar (Elementalist)

Satsuma Kurenai (Mesmer)

Norn: Olag Tormason (Guardian)
            Valka Brynhild (Mesmer)

Father Clause (Engineer) - my Santa cosplay character

Maeve Gloomstaff (Necromancer)

Agatha Grimm (Warrior) - my 40k Sister of Battle charatcer

Human: Irina Onikaizer (Necromancer)

Lady Morrigan Kath (Guardian) - WoW Death Knight cosplay character

Ravyn Ravnos (Mesmer) - designed after an old VtM character

Asura: these don't follow the single name lore conventions since they're named/designed after d&d characters
            Calamity Wildpants (Thief)

Moira Gearwright (Engineer)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...