Gemstore 80801 error

Hello,

I just want to buy gems by using PayPal but when I select my payment method it gives me an error saying:

Something went wrong, please try again later! 80801.

Can't find any help on this error further on the internet. Can anyone tell me what's wrong or is this a general issue?

2 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

You can contact the Billing CS Team via the 'Support' link above/below.

Good luck. 

This particular error code isn't anywhere to be found on the Support page.  I did go ahead and contacted them though

EDIT:  I was able to make my purchases directly using my Credit/Debit card.  Paypal/Braintree is not working for me, and it may be the same with others.

Edited by Murmaider.1805

1 minute ago, Linken.6345 said:

You're 100% correct.  I was able to continue the purchases I needed by simply going around the PayPal payment option.  I checked my PayPal and it is not flagged or anything, so I don't know what's going on... but in my opinion PayPal is involved (Surprise, surprise)

Same issue. Can't use PayPal and can't use iDEAL either. Tried deleting my PayPal from game after getting the 80801 error but now I can't get it back anymore, just gets stuck in an add PayPal method loop everytime. Even when it says that it's added on the Guild Wars 2 website, it's not. Don't have a credit card either, so no way to buy gems rn for me.

I noticed today that i'm having the same issue. For my brother it startet about a week ago. The last time i successfully bought gems was about 3 weeks ago. Back than i got a message stating that the transaction will have to me approved manuelly and it took roughly a day for my gems to arrive. Just in case the information is of any help i also tried purchasing gems over the Webside insted of in game and i'm getting the same error.

It would be really great if this problem could be resolved before the current sale on bag slots is over.

• 4 months later...

I am getting this error now 🥺

I never had a problem, but my credit-card expired and i had to activate the new one.

After that i updated PayPal with my new credit-card info... but now i am getting this error.

Is there something else that i need to do to get this fixed?

EDIT: nevermind, it seems that the problem has fixed itself (i guess i had to wait a bit longer) 🤗

Edited by GODh.3892
update