New to mesmer.

Drok Kindleshot.1496

I play to  build up my tailor to get my ascended gear so i got gearing down plus accessories.

I don't know much about mesmer and I know this has been asked countless times so I'll keep it short.

#1 best elite spec for range

#2 best main and off hand weapons..heard greatsword and double sword the way to go.

I don't want to do virtuoso so I guess i am asking about the other 2 elite specs.  I am watching some build videos and if you want to share me your  build just drop it.

thanks.

• Like 1

If you want to do range you probably want to go power virtuoso with dagger mainhand and greatsword. (https://snowcrows.com/builds/mesmer/virtuoso/power-virtuoso)

The only other real ranged option is  condition alacrity mirage with double staff. Chrono ranged is not that strong since shatter must be melee and you don't have mirage ambushes.

https://snowcrows.com/builds/mesmer/mirage/condition-alacrity-mirage

Best mainhand for mesmer for a while was mainhand sword because conditions weren't that great outside of condition fights (of which there are not that many). Now that virtuoso exists it is dagger for power builds with offhand sword. Greatsword sustained damage is lower especially when there are no boons on your target.

• Confused 1

Depends on the content and build but you can get by with Greatsword and Staff Ascended. That's what my wife uses even on a power build. 

Chronomancer would be the best elite and the best at soloing content due to Chronophantasma.

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

• 2 weeks later...