deploy jade sphere UI visual

Incurve Giidis.7829

Game is already overloaded with effects , it's a good thing they made it a bit shadowy , if you want an example try alacspecter on boenskinner and launch all your pits when bonedoggy do his multiple aoe spam , it's pretty simple you can't see any aoeย 

14 hours ago, PolarBear.3961 said:

Even better question why is it on the F5 button... why cant it be like tempest overloads ๐Ÿ˜•

I bet it is because if you 2x tap an attunement switch you will launch your sphere and surely missplace it , but if they add a 0,5 cd when switching attunement it should be great .

• Thanks 1

besides the VX obscuring the energy bar, the energy bar itself is to small in general. they shoulda put it above or below the attunement swaps with bars that let you actually know if you have enough energy to throw out an orb.

Honestly, im actually curious how the development of the catalyst went with how messy everything about the catalyst turned out. feels like everything was designed and turned in last minute.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, crosknight.3041 said:

Honestly, im actually curious how the development of the catalyst went with how messy everything about the catalyst turned out. feels like everything was designed and turned in last minute.

Oh, that is easy to explain actually.
After PoF the top brass at Anet decided the game was "done". No more big content or new expansions for GW2 in the future. Instead they used the cash shop money to start new projects (I think the rumors afterwards were some mobile thing or starting on GW3 even?). Of course they never disclosed this to the players who were expecting more expansions after PoF.

Surprisingly they never told NCSoft, too.

At some point NCSoft were like "Yo Anet, whats up? Where does all the revenue go?" Man, I cant even imagine their faces when Anet told them there were no plans for GW2 anymore. Oh boy, was NCSoft not happy.
They fired like half the studio and demanded new stuff, aka a new expansion, like A.S.A.P.!

Well, now Anet got a problem. Their studio smoking ruins, a good chunck of the workforce gone including the leaderboard, the morale in the dumpster, bad press in the media, confused and angry players all around, no future plans for the game whatsover and a pissed owner breathing down their necks.

Anet was desperate.

And what do you do when you are a desperate developer? Of course, you grab your shovel an go plundering the graveyard, aka the official forum.

Go back and you will find threads way prior to EoD about helping core ele who was outperformed hard by the Elite-Specs back then.
Player ideas were buffing base stats (became Catas clunky EE-System), getting new boons (Alac), or by giving core a new F5-Skill to help distinguish and elevate it from Tempest and Weaver.

And that is why playing Catalyst feels like something is of, right? Like puzzleparts who doesnt really fit together?

Because Catalyst is Frankenstein's Monster, sewn together from ideas meant for helping core ele initially.

It is not only Catalyst, fishing in PvE is another example of those old player ideas Anet dug up hapharzardly to shove into EoD.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

7 hours ago, Nimrod.9240 said:

Oh, that is easy to explain actually.
After PoF the top brass at Anet decided the game was "done". No more big content or new expansions for GW2 in the future. Instead they used the cash shop money to start new projects (I think the rumors afterwards were some mobile thing or starting on GW3 even?). Of course they never disclosed this to the players who were expecting more expansions after PoF.

Surprisingly they never told NCSoft, too.

At some point NCSoft were like "Yo Anet, whats up? Where does all the revenue go?" Man, I cant even imagine their faces when Anet told them there were no plans for GW2 anymore. Oh boy, was NCSoft not happy.
They fired like half the studio and demanded new stuff, aka a new expansion, like A.S.A.P.!

Well, now Anet got a problem. Their studio smoking ruins, a good chunck of the workforce gone including the leaderboard, the morale in the dumpster, bad press in the media, confused and angry players all around, no future plans for the game whatsover and a pissed owner breathing down their necks.

Anet was desperate.

And what do you do when you are a desperate developer? Of course, you grab your shovel an go plundering the graveyard, aka the official forum.

Go back and you will find threads way prior to EoD about helping core ele who was outperformed hard by the Elite-Specs back then.
Player ideas were buffing base stats (became Catas clunky EE-System), getting new boons (Alac), or by giving core a new F5-Skill to help distinguish and elevate it from Tempest and Weaver.

And that is why playing Catalyst feels like something is of, right? Like puzzleparts who doesnt really fit together?

Because Catalyst is Frankenstein's Monster, sewn together from ideas meant for helping core ele initially.

It is not only Catalyst, fishing in PvE is another example of those old player ideas Anet dug up hapharzardly to shove into EoD.

Alac? I don't think you've even played vata let alone know anything about it๐Ÿ˜…

3 hours ago, Serephen.3420 said:

Alac? I don't think you've even played vata let alone know anything about it๐Ÿ˜…

Oh you are right, I meant quickness. kitten, I always mix that kitten up. Playing to much tempest lately. Lol, Sorry.

Still, does not invalidate the rest i said.

Edited by Nimrod.9240