Solo guildless player in WvW after changes?

TristanTzara.4628

2 hours ago, misfired.8403 said:

First, I am not mad at anyone or the guilds involved.

My characters have been on SBI since release but I only played them a fraction of that time. My ex-friend was in a well known SBI guild and when they quit GW2 in 2015 I quit soon after. I only recently came back in 2021 to a completely different WvW.

Yes, I am fully aware that GvG happened very soon after release in WvW. I remember the map chats that said "Please do not go near that flat area around Garri we are GvGing Thank You!". I would spectate those matches and think it was one of the stupidest thing I saw in 35+ years of gaming and hoped it would die out. I was wrong. Terribly wrong.

Putting SBI in my original post was something I regret for it was not a guild or name I recognized. I assume they were from Ehmry Bay when they came to DBL this past Sunday afternoon EDT and declaring "Roamers and Afkers leave the map now". Again, I am not mad at the Guild or people involved because it has happened a few times before with other guilds. I just ignored them.

As a solo guildless roamer I fully expect to be told to leave so some guild can GvG once Alliances is out. All the people who say that guilds have the right to ask people to leave I want to thank you for reaffirming what I said. I agree with you!  Once Alliances drop, Guilds should be able to kick anyone out of their borderlands as they see fit.

I left Guild Wars 2 for 6 years and once Alliances drops I will 100% leave it again. I want nothing to do with the drama filled trainwreck that Arenanet is unleashing on us.

Sorry not all of this rant was for you TheGrimm. I just need to get it off  my chest before I stop posting here. Thanks.

No worries and thanks for sharing.

I agree when on a server with mega guilds on it I also encountered disdain some larger guilds had for havocs and roamers. But I also encountered others that knew that both havocs and roamers could play a role and be quick strike groups and ambushers to mis lead the other side and could work well with them. Working with some of them was a joy when we could lead the other's sides zerg right where ourside's was waiting for them and oh how fun the bags and wipes were. 

So sorry you ran into that, find fun and fights where you can. Always welcome on Forum Wars 2 as well and its good to have varying views since it might lead to constructive changes, though I admit some take longer than others.

• Like 1