Withdraw base cooldown in WvW/PvP.

SehferViega.8725

Trickster no longer will reduce the cooldown of Trick skills.

CaltropsHaste and Roll for Initiative get their base cooldowns reduced, Withdraw also needs to get its base cooldown reduced in WvW and PvP to 20 seconds, like it happens now when you play Trickster.

Roll for Initiative reduction Initiative gain (from 6 to 4) is a huge nerf for a class that struggle with skills Initiative cost, Withdraw 25 seconds base cooldown it would be too much in exchange of a Trickster +1condi clean, considering that Thief has no problem of condi cleaning.

20 seconds Withdraw it means 26'215 healing, 5 dodges and 5 condi clean every 100 seconds.
With the new updates you would get 20'972 healing, 4 dodges and 8 conditions cleaned every 100 seconds.

Edited by SehferViega.8725
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, Bunny.9834 said:

I hate these CD reduction changes... 

They deliberately left the ones that people use and left them with longer cooldowns. Now Daggerstorm will have longer CD too. 

Yeah, I mean, they can remove the CD reduction traits, but then you need to balance all the skills related, not only three of them (same for Signets of Power).

Withdraw is a must have for every core thief who doesn't run Shadow Arts, because of Trickster. 

• Like 1

When I was reading the thread about "what is not being used" I almost posted to say "careful, they only increase initiative / cooldowns of skills / utilities that are popular in order to balance - you may inadvertently cause it to happen again!".

I didn't as I thought it would seem to cynical, but... 😄

Edited by Chips.7968

On 2/4/2023 at 12:43 PM, SehferViega.8725 said:

Yeah, I mean, they can remove the CD reduction traits, but then you need to balance all the skills related, not only three of them (same for Signets of Power).

Withdraw is a must have for every core thief who doesn't run Shadow Arts, because of Trickster. 

While I agree, the truth of the matter is they don't really want core specs to be good as otherwise people won't buy expansions.

8 hours ago, DeceiverX.8361 said:

While I agree, the truth of the matter is they don't really want core specs to be good as otherwise people won't buy expansions.

I agree but core builds (and I'm talking for every class) should be at least playable, with a "different flavour" compared to the elite ones.

Swipe and Trickster help Core Thief and Daredevil to be different with different playstyles.
They are going, imho, in the wrong direction pushing thieves into Shadow Arts + Stealth builds, nerfing everything else, like Withdraw and like they did with Acrobatics Instant Reflexes and Hard to Catch. 
At the same time they complain about Stealth and Shadow Meld is too strong because it removes Revealed.. it seems to me they are doing casual changes without any plan or idea how to balance Thief.

• Like 1