Can't Minimize Game

Using Windows 10.  Starting today, can't minimize game.  When I Alt-Tab, the GAME becomes the desktop.  I can see any folders that were open but nothing else (Recycle Bin, File Explorer, Documents, Downloads ...).  The only way to see these items is Alt-F4, exiting the game completely.

Alt+Tab doesn't minimize, it brings other windows to the front. It would only minimize GW2 if you were using full screen in DX9. They started disabling DX9 today, so you're likely now using DX11, which is why it's no longer working for you.

If you want to see the desktop press WindowsKey+D to minimize everything, or open the menu in GW2 (press Esc or click the top left gear icon) to reveal the minimize button and click that.

• Like 1

On 2/6/2023 at 7:05 PM, Healix.5819 said:

Alt+Tab doesn't minimize, it brings other windows to the front. It would only minimize GW2 if you were using full screen in DX9. They started disabling DX9 today, so you're likely now using DX11, which is why it's no longer working for you.

If you want to see the desktop press WindowsKey+D to minimize everything, or open the menu in GW2 (press Esc or click the top left gear icon) to reveal the minimize button and click that.

Thank you so much for this!  Not being able to tab out to the desktop has been driving me crazy.  The WindowsKey+D works!❣️

• 4 months later...