Points for daily chests

Joni.7850

I've been mulling this over since November.  I have played Guild Wars since the original game came out and I love it.  I enjoy playing solo as much as with other players but I'm not a 'grinder'.  That being said, I noticed in November that I was no longer getting the 10 points for my dailies toward the chests.  I thought it was a 'bug' so I reported it.  Here is the response:  

GM Ultra Viper

November 03, 2022 10:06

Hello, 
Thanks for getting in touch with us about not receiving any achievement points from completing your dailies. I see that you’ve been playing the game for a while so you may have hit the cap for receiving achievement points from dailies. Right now there is a cap of 15,000 AP for daily and now-defunct monthly achievements combined. 
Once the cap is reached, additional points from the "Daily Completionist" meta achievement will no longer increase the account's achievement points, but individual reward bonus chests will still be given out.  I hope this information helps and if you have any other questions or need further assistance, please feel free to contact us again. We’d be more than happy to help you where we can!

I'd like to know WHY I am being 'punished' for being a loyal GW2 player!  There is NO WAY I can achieve the chests when I have to 'grind' for every point towards them.  I find it ridiculous to have this cap.  It's like the cell phone companies offering deals to 'new' customers and denying them to long time customers.

Can someone tell me how this is fair?  The GM also said that they don't have the authority to 'fix' this but to go to the forums where this issue could be addressed.  Here I am!  Can anything be done to change this?

Thanks all for listening....

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

If it applies to everyone, how is it unfair?

While I miss those easy +10s, now if I don't have the time or energy to do dailies, I don't. And I think those higher-level reward chests are for the "grinders," to give them (and us non-grinders) goals to aim for.

I too reached the max daily/weekly limit last year, and haven't earned an AP chest since. Like many things in this game (looking at you, legendary armor), you have to put in the work if you want the reward. And I haven't been putting in the work.

• Like 1

this is not a bug, it is intentional that there is a cap of 15k for the sum of the daily and monthly ap, there is nothing to fix.

this cap is valid for all players, old and new, each player has the same opportunities to achieve the same number of AP ... and therefore nothing is "unfair".

I have reached the limit for several years now, that's just the way it is and as DeanBB wrote, the rewards are for players who make the effort to collect all the needed ap

Edited by AoPle.7326

1 hour ago, Joni.7850 said:

Can someone tell me how this is fair?  The GM also said that they don't have the authority to 'fix' this but to go to the forums where this issue could be addressed.  Here I am!  Can anything be done to change this?

It's not a bug: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Daily_(achievements)

Quote: "There is a cap of 15,000Achievement points for daily (and now-defunct monthly) achievements combined."

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, so the 'cap' is so 'grinders' have something to go for?  Ha!  It takes 50 days of doing dailies to get one chest and most of them aren't really worth it...so now GW caps it and makes it less worth while?  Hmm, still can't see the logic in it.  Oh well, some decisions are just plain DUMB!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1