Here are the best rounds from my Placement Matches in 3v3 Ranked (Power Mirage)

Waffles.5632

I did the 10 placement matches for 3v3. All solo.

I ended up with 7 wins / 3 losses. I'm still making mistakes, but here are my best rounds. ^

It's only 10 matches, but 3v3 seasons is really unique because it can give you insights into the upcoming 5v5 meta and let you know what people are looking to play.

My Build

My thoughts:

- One dodge still sucks. It will always suck. However 3v3 = 6 players | 5v5 = 10 players, so that's 4 less cata's I have to worry about 😁

- Tell me you're power creeping without telling me you're power creeping. Every single time before in 2v2/3v3 I could get by with assassin ammy, or 15k hp. But not anymore. You need 20k+ hp to be "comfortable" in todays meta. If you're skilled/fast reaction, you can skate by with 18k. You're a mad man and have all my respect if you pvp with anything lower than that.

- Cata's feel appropriately nerfed now thank god. However in 5v5 this may be different. Four extra players can change a lot. Especially four extra Cata's. Time will tell, but I feel, at least in 3v3, Cata seems fine.

Ironically, I didn't see any Virtu's, though again only 10 matches so don't take that as fact. I am sure they are out there. I plan to pvp some more until this season is over, but these are the last sparks of pvp life I have to offer lmfao. No way am I doing 5v5 with one dodge anymore!

My top picks so far, in no order: Tempest, Holo, Spellbreaker, Chrono, Cata

Edit: I have more Mesmer specific thoughts and feedback here

Edited by Waffles.5632
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

Don't mean to be a jerk but I don't think 3v3 gives good insight into regular pvp.  I end up fighting stupid builds that would never work in 5v5 but are cheesy and broken. I remember last season kept fighting a druid and dragonhuntard who would just druid root you inside the traps right out of stealth and many melee clas can't escape immobilize. And plenty of other stupid builds that would be good for blasting 1 person to death but bad for defending a point

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Kstyle.5829 said:

Don't mean to be a jerk but I don't think 3v3 gives good insight into regular pvp.  I end up fighting stupid builds that would never work in 5v5 but are cheesy and broken. I remember last season kept fighting a druid and dragonhuntard who would just druid root you inside the traps right out of stealth and many melee clas can't escape immobilize. And plenty of other stupid builds that would be good for blasting 1 person to death but bad for defending a point

It's okay to disagree! Doesn't make you a jerk. I agree that as you climb, you will find more specialized 3v3 builds however I still hold that majority of pvpers will play something that is fun and can win, not something that just wins. So from that you can gauge which classes people are more likely to play once 5v5 starts. Not 1:1 mind you, but for instance last 2v2 Cata was very dominant, and then with a little extra help during 5v5 they became god tier. That's all I was saying.

For instance I think Warrior in general gonna surprise a lot of people this next 5v5. Even Bladesworn might see a return.

1 hour ago, Sahne.6950 said:

Haha that Intro 😄

hehehehe I found it too perfect to pass up. 😂

Edited by Waffles.5632
  • Haha 1