KEEP GETTING DC'd after beating balthazar.

Is Balthazar bugged or something? I have fought him twice now! and at the end the cutscene freezes on a black screen after hes destroyed and then it disconnects from the server. what gives??? i get (Code = 7:11:3:202:101). its so kittening frustrating. 

It's not a bug with Balthazar, it's a bug with storymode. Happens in any story mode instance on any graphics setting no matter your isp. And if you create a support ticket they blame your internet connection. When in truth it's a bug, that has been in the game, for a long, long time.

7 minutes ago, Darkvramp.5640 said:

It's not a bug with Balthazar, it's a bug with storymode. Happens in any story mode instance on any graphics setting no matter your isp. And if you create a support ticket they blame your internet connection. When in truth it's a bug, that has been in the game, for a long, long time.

kitten any known fixes?

15 minutes ago, Darkvramp.5640 said:

Nope. Just keep retrying until you don't disconnect. Only option.

dang alright. im trying a few other things like running a repair on the client (a friend said thats what they did and it fixed it) along with opening some ports arenanet recommends seeing if that helps

It has been known for a long time its a bug where some event (usually from playing a cinematic) starves the network thread of processing power and causes a disconnect. The solutions are to lower graphics settings and increase network activity, such as  by spamming keys and playing a long video in the background.

Make sure your game is fully patched before starting it, and playing with the streaming content setting might also help, even when the game is already patched.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134
  • Like 1

I got it few days ago. I watched a video teaching how to solve this. So, what I did: open a utube video and keep playing (yea, i dont know why, but something with multimedia), clear ur cache GW2 folder and when the cutscene from balthazar is running, dont stop pressing ur skills and skip asap. It worked to me.

I do not get these story instance disconnects, in fact I very rarely get any at all.

If your network adapter has sleep mode / power saving settings you can try disabling those and/or the interrupt moderation setting. Disabling the latter uses bit more system resources but should improve latency and responsiveness in games. A simple explanation would be that the network adapter will handle packets faster thus increasing the CPU load. On modern CPUs this shouldn't be an issue, I hardly notice any difference with my i9-10850K.

I got those too... had to do the battle 3 times... Never get dc anywhere else than in story after cinematics... never get dc in any other game...

The thing that bothers me the most is not the blaming the internet connection but that they have checkpoints. I mean why not put a checkpoint in missions just before the cinematics? Why only put them right after the cinematics?!? This thing seams to be know and if you don't want (or know or something else) to fix it why not use available game design stuff to make the game experience not to be a pain? 

• Like 1