Spectre in Emboldened Mode (Raids)

xellink.7568

I teach raids for my guild and I normally main a warrior. Since it is a training run, the group has bad DPS and some players try to play with non-full exotics (despite stating requirements). I have brought players with 1 mastery point into raids as well, thats how new they are. Tried Alac DPS spectre in emboldened. Consume shadows is amazing with large amounts of heals, mentoring new raiders and keeping them alive to expose mechanics, which is the goal.

There are some problems here and there:

Wing 1

Vale Guardian - your high vitality is a problem if you have too many stacks of emboldened. imagining taking 40k damage if ignoring greens. Generally okay with other healers around and also if you preheal with barrier, if your timing is off or if other players are teleported and you can't generate enough shadow force, then you are screwed. Always join the team fighting red boss. Shadow shroud skill 3 is useful for fearing seeker balls but you can babysit the red team if you don't have a druid pusher. 

Wells block the ground effects for your allies so you have to warn them in advance, nobody can see kitten.

Spirit Vale - Shadow step is nice. 

Gorseval - You can slow multiple targets when the four spirits appear. You have access to stability through well of bounty. Lack of immobilisation. Bring thieves guild for extra DPS without CC

Sabetha - You can shadowstep through flame wall. Able to keep good buff uptime for the team. For some reason I never got the sapper bomb, I'm not sure if shadow stepping too much breaks it.

Wing 2

Slothasor - This is a hard carry. you can deal high dps while protecting your teammates and generate stab where necessary. The ultra high HP is comfortable. Lacks stun breaks. But even if feared you can probably walk through poison for quite a bit.

Never tested on last boss

Wing 4

Cairn - Stacking too much emboldened and then faulting the red mechanics is more punishing than before as the ticking damage is now higher. Recommend not to ignore greens for the same reason.

Mursaat - Easy fight to maintain alac and damage since everyone is close together. Barrier is useful for jade soldiers.

Samarog - Good CCs, straightforward fight.

Deimos - lack of blocks to take tank roles, shadow step messes with tanking, and definitely cannot hand kite. Can do oil kite when doing the ranged method but your block must come from your tank. Can also function well as ranged alac DPS using the ranged method. Can babysit the tank if there are issues. Can provide alac to ranged DPS team. Lack of immobilisation. 

Wing 6

Conjured amalgamate - This is really bad. You deal almost non-existent damage and your barriers are also negligible in the presence of instant-death mechanics. Shadowstep can help a bit with catching shield and swords but not the best use example. 

Twin Largos - Go left should be okay. Never tried right.

Never tested on last boss

Wing 3, 5, 7

not tested

Any feedback on how to utilise this to a better extend is welcome so I can teach the raids better. Also does anyone know if RWV scales up with emboldened. Either my numbers aren't inflating much (compared to normal mode) or my teammates aren't hitting the target while busy dealing with mechanics.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Lithril Ashwalker.6230 said:

Where have u been since EcK existed...??? Come run and organize this stuff with us mannnnmnn!

I guess i never visited the thief forums because I main a warrior? I visit warriors section a lot. 

Actually thief was my main and my very first character since launch, but I din't get back to it since HOT. I got back into it after failing multiple times (using plaguedoctor's) and only recently started playing decently when ritualist's is available in stat selectable armor in the latest update. thief can be quite frustrating (no line of sight, etc.)

ECK is all thief? I'll take the invite but my 20 year old guild (since gw1 beta) has hard rep rules. I'll join if there's no need to rep. 

Edited by xellink.7568

3 hours ago, xellink.7568 said:

I guess i never visited the thief forums because I main a warrior? I visit warriors section a lot. 

Actually thief was my main and my very first character since launch, but I din't get back to it since HOT. I got back into it after failing multiple times (using plaguedoctor's) and only recently started playing decently when ritualist's is available in stat selectable armor in the latest update. thief can be quite frustrating (no line of sight, etc.)

ECK is all thief? I'll take the invite but my 20 year old guild (since gw1 beta) has hard rep rules. I'll join if there's no need to rep. 

join the community 🙂 discord in my signature, just verify and host raids, strikes and events within the discord stacking thieves! save any clips you want uploaded to EcK!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, xellink.7568 said:

Wing 2

Slothasor - This is a hard carry. you can deal high dps while protecting your teammates and generate stab where necessary. The ultra high HP is comfortable. Lacks stun breaks. But even if feared you can probably walk through poison for quite a bit.

You could take sigil of agility, but then it's a dps loss. It's also useful for clearing condis during sloth's shakes.

Also are you using scepter/pistol + sigil of paralyzation to carry CC with your second set? It feels great if you aren't.

Edited by ZeroTheRuler.7415

10 hours ago, ZeroTheRuler.7415 said:

Also are you using scepter/pistol + sigil of paralyzation to carry CC with your second set? It feels great if you aren't.

It's a very difficult choice. Without the pistol you can trigger sup sigil of doom more often and sceptre/pistol skill 3 ain't that useful.

Sigil isn't cheap to be swapping out often too. 

I can see how it's going to be useful if you can time it such that you use wells after the cc.

At the moment I use elite skill either the well or venom for cc and thieves guild for no cc encounters like gorse. 

10 hours ago, ZeroTheRuler.7415 said:

You could take sigil of agility, but then it's a dps loss. It's also useful for clearing condis during sloth's shakes.

That's a good one to pen down. Thanks.

6 hours ago, xellink.7568 said:

It's a very difficult choice. Without the pistol you can trigger sup sigil of doom more often and sceptre/pistol skill 3 ain't that useful.

Sigil isn't cheap to be swapping out often too. 

I can see how it's going to be useful if you can time it such that you use wells after the cc.

At the moment I use elite skill either the well or venom for cc and thieves guild for no cc encounters like gorse. 

That's a good one to pen down. Thanks.

Yeah, I totally get it. Actually scep/dagger + scep/pistol is recommended for ALAC specter builds by Snow Crows with the sigil of paralyzation for the pistol. Pistol isn't on the DPS build, but its dooable either if your squad needs a little more CC carry.

https://snowcrows.com/en/builds/thief/specter/condition-alacrity-spectre

Also, thanks :D. I actually like running my Daredevil for sloth. Sigil of agility clears fear, clears condis and also stolen skill Soul Stone Venom can save a group if needed after shakes on sloth too.

• 1 month later...