[FORUM BUG] Can't sign out of account on Chrome

witcher.3197

@Zaklex.6308 said:A lot of people have requested the be able to always stay logged into the forums...which is what you are even if you time out in Chrome, I just have to refresh the page and I'm still logged in...I actually like it.

So huge bugs shouldn't be fixed because "you like it"?

I'm not having the problem on Chrome (latest), so ensure it's not an addon interfering or something you've changed in the settings. The forums will keep you signed in for months unless you manually sign out. The login here works off of account.arena.net, which also signs you in there and has about a 15 minute timeout. If you sign out here and try to sign back in within 15 minutes of originally doing so, it'll automatically sign you back in.

I'm assuming you're attempting to sign out by clicking the gear icon at the top, which opens a menu ~ sign out, rather than going through account management, which doesn't actually work here.

Requiring you to sign in does happen, but only for certain pages, such as posts deleted by mods. It was a problem on the old forums however, when you had expired cookies. Try clearing Chrome's cache, which should make you no longer signed in. If you want to quickly start a new session without having to switch browsers, open an incognito tab.

Archived