Dolyak Knockdown Bug

6 hours ago, Chaba.5410 said:

How is this a bug?

Dolyaks are by default immune to knockdowns. That is the reason for the names of the Dolyak skills. 

Unless they place in game an explanation why Dolyaks suddenly become vulnerable to knockdowns, then this is lore breaking and also oversight.

One silly update later, a dolyak skills might no longer offer stability because the devs forgot why the skill is named that way to begin with. Then the game's immersion and meaning will slowly erode with time because some new gen z (no offense) developer decides to carelessly rebalance the skills.

We need to fix the bug for posterity. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, xellink.7568 said:

Dolyaks are by default immune to knockdowns. That is the reason for the names of the Dolyak skills. 

Unless they place in game an explanation why Dolyaks suddenly become vulnerable to knockdowns, then this is lore breaking and also oversight.

One silly update later, a dolyak skills might no longer offer stability because the devs forgot why the skill is named that way to begin with. Then the game's immersion and meaning will slowly erode with time because some new gen z (no offense) developer decides to carelessly rebalance the skills.

We need to fix the bug for posterity. 

So your issue is that in GW1 they were immune to knockdown and that didn't get carried over to GW2?  Why don't you just say this up front?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Chaba.5410 said:

So your issue is that in GW1 they were immune to knockdown and that didn't get carried over to GW2?  Why don't you just say this up front?

My issue is that there is no continuity.

Whether it gets carried over isnt that important.

I want to know if the devs will choose to resolve this due to a evolutionary trait (which doesn't happen in few hundred years) based on human science or by granting the Dolyak stability or some other magical explanation.

It's not like the entire system failed to carry over. The Dolyak skills still provide stability and that carried over. Clearly the devs know what's going on.

There's no reason not to port stability to the dolyaks. It's either an oversight or a scientific/magical explanation is required.

I didn't stomp all the dolyaks in every region and wvw to verify but I think they can be knocked down.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, xellink.7568 said:

I didn't stomp all the dolyaks in every region and wvw to verify but I think they can be knocked down.

There's no reason not to port stability to the dolyaks.

Dolyaks in WvW can be knocked down and it would be close to impossible to kill speedy dolyaks if they also had stability.

Btw you should really get into WvW if you enjoy killing dolyaks that much. Start farming yaks running towards Stonemist Castle or whichever objective the enemy team is trying to upgrade. Preferably if the structures are about to be tier 3. 😉